PDA

View Full Version : Double Stroller for a Newborn and 4 year old?

bisous
06-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Do I even need one? DS2 is going to be barely 4 but when this baby is born in September but he LOVES to ride in the stroller. I'd have a hard time kicking him out!

We are currently a 1 stroller family with a P3 that I like a lot. To be honest, though, it isn't great for strolling outside as it is tricky over all the curbs and roots and various surfaces in our neighborhood, so I wouldn't mind an all-terrain.

DS2 walks for small errands and even places like the mall. He sits at Disneyland and the zoo and other outdoor events. I think the P3 makes a pretty good infant stroller and like the recline, the canopy and the cushiness of the seat.

What would you buy? DS2 is a peanut at not quite 30 pounds yet if that helps!

I'm "rusty" on what is out there but I'd love to hear your opinions!

TIA,

AnnieW625
06-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Bob Duallie! I bought one and I don't regret it at all. I have also used it as a single with just DD2 and it's great for that too. We haven't used it at Disneyland but I see it there a lot so it's totally doable. I think we'll end up keeping the Duallie until DD can ride a bike without training wheels and then I'll get a single again, but for the most part I don't regret buying a duallie for a 4 yr. old, and a newborn.

3sweetgirls
06-19-2011, 04:51 PM
If your 4 year old loves to ride definitely get a double. My 5.5 year old loves to ride though I can finally convince her not to if the 3 year old needs to and I'm not carrying my infant.

carolinamama
06-19-2011, 09:52 PM
I would actually wait and see if you need it after the baby is born. So much depends on your lifestyle, where you live, and your kids. I didn't have one with DS1 and DS2 who are 3 years apart. And it was fine - DS1 would ride on the step on our P3 or walk. Or baby would be in the Ergo and DS1 in the stroller. However, where we live and things we have going on have changed now (and DS2 is a little stinker who cannot be trusted to walk as well next to me as DS1 did) so I bought a Bob Duallie off CL.

bisous
06-20-2011, 05:54 AM
I like the idea of "waiting and seeing". I have a few months before this baby gets here and a few months after that (I have c-sections) before we'll be doing any major trips. DS2 could start walking more and strolling less in that time! I do like the flexibility of the P3 and am glad I've finally kicked DS1 (7 years old) off that rear step for good! :)

My SIL just bought a BOB Duallie for her two that will be 3 years apart. I'll see how it works out for her as well!

alirebco
06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
DS was 3 years and 3 months when DD was born and we've made it without a double so far. I wear the baby and he's in the stroller or she's in the stroller and he walks.

He'll be in preschool 5 days a week this fall so it's not like I'm out walking with both of them where I'd need a double. I wear DD a lot or DS is on his bike or scooter in the neighborhood. I would definitely wait until the baby is born before buying one!

RunnerDuck
06-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Unless you want it for exercise purposes I would personally not buy a double for a 4 year gap.