PDA

View Full Version : Silly to buy Bumbleride Indie Twin now?

lks
06-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Okay, I am stroller obsessing.

I have a 2009 Bumbleride Flyer, which I love, but it's just not good on long walks. I want a stroller with better tires/bigger wheels and have been looking around and LOVE the Bumbleride Indie. I so wish it could become an inline like the BJCS, Phil&Teds, and the B-Ready. I like BJCS and the B-Ready, but they both have plastic tires (BJCS are plastic on the front only - but that would affect stroller's ability to jump onto to curbs and go over sidewalk bumps). I would imagine the plastic wheels make getting over a curb or traveling along bumpy sidewalks would be quite difficult with the B-Ready. And, so far, I am not incredibly taken with the Phil&Teds strollers. I want the ability to have an infant seat and my toddler... So, I guess my biggest concerns are wanting better wheels/tires to be able to navigate around my neighborhood - up and over curbs and bumpy/uneven sidewalks AND the ability to have a double option, whether it's inline or SBS.

Our DS is currently 19.5 months and I am not yet pregnant, but I want the new stroller now and don't want to buy a new one when we have another baby this year. WOULD IT BE SILLY TO BUY A BUMBLERIDE INDIE TWIN NOW, WAY BEFORE WE HAVE 2 KIDS? WOULD I LOOK RIDICULOUS CARTING AROUND A DOUBLE WITH ONLY ONE KID? WILL I REGRET IT?
***WILL I HATE AN SBS??

Thanks for your help!!!

legaleagle
06-17-2011, 11:21 PM
Don't buy a double now - it's both wildly inconvenient and looks ridiculous. Plus I'm way too superstitious about stuff like that. Why wouldn't you want to get a double in a year? They'll be even more awesome stuff available then and you should easily be able to sell a single indie.

georgiegirl
06-17-2011, 11:22 PM
Get a single indie now, and then sell it and buy a double right before #2 arrives. There's no way I'd buy a double SBS if I weren't even pregnant.

lks
06-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Thank you. I needed someone to see my craziness. Do you think it's easy to sell a one year old stroller?????? For enough to offset the cost of a new one? I have never sold anything.

legaleagle
06-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Well, the double indie is $200 more than the single, so not enough to totally offset it, obviously. But even if you take a $150 hit when you sell the single, that's only $.50/day for the year. And you could sell your flyer as well, if you wanted.

lks
06-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Do you post on Craigslist?? How do you sell?

crl
06-18-2011, 08:39 AM
I have sold my strollers on CL. I sold a year old MB Swift (similar stroller) for $300, including some non-standard accessories. I would try to buy a single Indie on CL.

You can also buy and sell on Stroller Swap and Strollerista (yahoo groups), but that involves shipping.

Catherine