PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever use skin bleaching cream?

AJP
06-18-2011, 10:35 AM
I have some very dark spots on the skin on my knees that looks horrible. It just appeared in the last 3 yrs, so I think its from being on my knees so much changing, dressing and playing with my girls. It is really obvious and a lot darker than the rest of my skin. It is 2 spots on each knee one above the other that are the size of quarters. That part of my skin is also very rough and dry and no matter what I put on it it doesn't get any softer. I am due in 4 weeks and need to see a derm for a few other issues after the baby and it is something I'm planning on asking about. Has anyone ever used any bleaching creams for dark patches? Is there anything else that the derm can do that might help? Laser, etc?
Thx

smiles33
06-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I tried hydroquinine cream for some brown spots on my face years ago but it not only made me skin very sensitive to the sun, it didn't work. I think the brown spots were just too dark. But since yours are on your knees, maybe it can work for you. Or, your derm might even have new creams to try. Good luck!