PDA

View Full Version : At the in-laws

BabyBearsMom
06-18-2011, 01:41 PM
For the entire weekend. Enough said.

hellokitty
06-18-2011, 02:41 PM
I hope it goes quickly for you! I don't like going to my in laws, unless we are pretty much away from their house almost the entire time or mil is at church or something.

crl
06-18-2011, 03:09 PM
:hug:

Catherine

mommylamb
06-18-2011, 06:53 PM
Sorry. Wish you were home.

arivecchi
06-18-2011, 07:15 PM
My condolences.

LMPC
06-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Not much longer to go....hang in there!!!

hillview
06-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I feel for you. Sending you a twisty straw.

Funny story a group of people we coming into a restaurant the same time DH and I were. Clearly the woman's MIL. She was SO nice to MIL and got them settled into a table outside etc. DH and I were at the bar and in a bit she came in to the bar and ordered 2 shots, drank them and then went back outside. I said to DH that was my new strategy with his mom :)

hellokitty
06-19-2011, 12:29 PM

Funny story a group of people we coming into a restaurant the same time DH and I were. Clearly the woman's MIL. She was SO nice to MIL and got them settled into a table outside etc. DH and I were at the bar and in a bit she came in to the bar and ordered 2 shots, drank them and then went back outside. I said to DH that was my new strategy with his mom :)

:hysterical: That is so funny. I agree, what a good tactic. I rarely ever drink, but I've told DH several times that of all ppl, his mother would drive me to drink. And when she thought it would be ok to invite herself on our WDW vacation, I basically told my DH that was NOT going to happen, b/c I'd either have to be on heavy medication (like basically sedated) or drunk to stand being in the car with her for 20 hrs w/o strangling her. She thought it would be a bright idea to rent some huge church type of van for all of us to go down together. I'd rather get a root canal than go on any sort of trip with her.

BabyBearsMom
06-19-2011, 12:43 PM
On the way home and I managed to hold my tongue the entire visit. Victory!

Beth24
06-19-2011, 12:47 PM

:cheerleader1: for you! Best Father's Day present for your DH too!

Twoboos
06-19-2011, 02:57 PM

This actually made me LOL. Brilliant, thanks for the tip!! :bighand:

BabyBearMom, glad you made it through!!

hellokitty
06-19-2011, 09:50 PM

:applause: Glad you survived!

BabyH
06-20-2011, 08:14 PM

Genius. Brilliant. All things awesome..... now I'm just trying to figure out what kind of shots I'd order. It's been so long since I have actually ordered... or taken, a shot, I don't know what I could handle!

"To Stop Talking ISH About My MIL" was my New Years Resolution. Obviously, I set myself up for failure, as it lasted all of 45 seconds.
Next year my resolution will be something like "eat more chips and salsa"
:p