PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning hard water residue on glass shower sliding doors

new_mom_mry
06-18-2011, 03:27 PM
Any advice on products to use/how to best do it??

Zansu
06-18-2011, 04:48 PM
CLR

I buy it at Ace but I've seen it elsewhere.

Just follow the directions. I think you sponge it on, let it sit, then rinse.

We also squeegee the doors after every use.

justlearning
06-18-2011, 06:18 PM
I use a wet Magic Eraser and it works great. Using a squeegee helps prevent the problem, but sometimes I'm too lazy or in a hurry to do it.

niccig
06-19-2011, 02:56 AM
diluted lemishine and then magic eraser.

3isEnough
06-20-2011, 08:28 PM
I searched on here for a solution for the same thing about a month ago and ended up going with white vinegar and magic eraser, and it worked great! I had my doubts because my hard water stains were really stuck on there and I hadn't cleaned the doors in about a year :bag, but all was good.

I just put white vinegar in a spray bottle, sprayed down the doors and left them for a few hours. I then tried wiping down the doors with a normal cloth to see if the vinegar alone got the stains off; the vinegar got a lot of it off, but not all of it. So I tried the magic eraser and voila', crystal clear doors :D

new_mom_mry
06-22-2011, 11:47 PM
I searched on here for a solution for the same thing about a month ago and ended up going with white vinegar and magic eraser, and it worked great! I had my doubts because my hard water stains were really stuck on there and I hadn't cleaned the doors in about a year :bag, but all was good.

I just put white vinegar in a spray bottle, sprayed down the doors and left them for a few hours. I then tried wiping down the doors with a normal cloth to see if the vinegar alone got the stains off; the vinegar got a lot of it off, but not all of it. So I tried the magic eraser and voila', crystal clear doors :D

thanks!!! will give your suggestion a try!

hellokitty
06-23-2011, 09:46 AM

Thanks, I need to try this too! I've tried CLR and plain vinegar, neither could do it. I was going to try the magic eraser, but never thought to combine it with vinegar. :)

new_mom_mry
06-26-2011, 12:19 AM
UPDATE...this is sad...I tried using Lime Away and left it on for a few hours and then used magic eraser -- stains did not go away. Then I tried using vinegar + magic eraser, and the residue is still there!! any other ideas??

MissyAg94
06-26-2011, 07:45 PM
Brillo Pads with the built-in soap.

Pinky
07-07-2011, 12:30 PM
UPDATE...this is sad...I tried using Lime Away and left it on for a few hours and then used magic eraser -- stains did not go away. Then I tried using vinegar + magic eraser, and the residue is still there!! any other ideas??

Did you find anything that worked? We've got the same problem.