PDA

View Full Version : Wow...BJCM knockoff by BRITAX?

todzwife
06-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Shame on britax. This is CLEARLY a total knockoff of the CM (with a few better features like the harness and structured seat)

http://www.britaxusa.com/strollers/b-agile/videos

Wow though. Can't they come up with their own stroller?

Kaylee31
06-18-2011, 11:04 PM
I think it's uglier than the BJCM too. Now if it came in emerald green, that might be a different story. :p
Just FYI, there was a debate about the Agile and Britax copycat-ing other companies a while ago.
http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=397333&highlight=britax+agile

poohbear
06-19-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree about the emerald green!
Much as I love my BJCM, there are a few things I really like about the Britax:
harness
raised kicker (I sometimes kick the back of the BJCM. My brother couldn't even get one because he is tall and had to walk on the side of the stroller)
Big back wheels and suspension
Mesh peek-a-boo window

All and all it really doesn't bother me that companies copy each other - I think it tends to make for better strollers in the end (with each copy, seems to come better features) and gives consumers lots of choices.
And really, how many designs can you come up with for a stroller?
For example - I often mix up the Zippy and P3
The B-Ready and Vista are manufactured in the same place (and look similar)
Basically every umbrella stroller out there has copied Maclaren...

artvandalay
06-19-2011, 08:48 AM
Shame on britax.

Wow though. Can't they come up with their own stroller?

:yeahthat: That's how I feel... I would be embarrassed if I was their design team.

kaharris83
06-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Too bad they didn't put air tires on it...I'd be trading my BJCM in for it. :p

strollerqueen
06-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Too bad they didn't put air tires on it...I'd be trading my BJCM in for it. :p
That's a good idea! "):thumbsup:

ECUPirateMom
06-20-2011, 11:18 AM
I can't believe it but I actually JUST WON this stroller from Baby Gizmo.com so I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it! :cheerleader1:
Aimee

legaleagle
06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Can't wait for the full review!

kaharris83
06-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Congrats!! BJCM knockoff or not a free stroller is a great prize!! Can't wait to hear how it performs.

TwoBees
06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
I hate that the design isn't original but...it has some features I like over the BJCM. 2 things I hate about the BJCM are the unsupportive seat back and the harness. So yes, I'm considering it. When is it supposed to be released?

ETA: I'd be embarassed if I was there design team too, but I'm not so...

BabyBearsMom
06-20-2011, 11:57 AM
I hate that the design isn't original but...it has some features I like over the BJCM. 2 things I hate about the BJCM are the unsupportive seat back and the harness. So yes, I'm considering it. When is it supposed to be released?

ETA: I'd be embarassed if I was there design team too, but I'm not so...

:yeahthat: A shameful rip off, but there are certainly some awesome things. I wonder if it pushes as nicely as the BJCM. Congrats on winning that stroller PP, tell us how it is.

pastrygirl
06-20-2011, 12:01 PM
I can't believe it but I actually JUST WON this stroller from Baby Gizmo.com so I'm pretty excited to get my hands on it! :cheerleader1:
AimeeCongrats!! I was wondering if any of the stroller mamas here would win! I'm crossing my fingers -- would LOVE to have an automatic lock, and would replace my BJCM in a hot second!

ECUPirateMom
06-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Its supposed to be officially released July 27th (I think) but Hollie said it will ship to me on July 1st :) Can't wait to play with it and report back with a full review!!!!! :cheerleader1:

TwoBees
06-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Its supposed to be officially released July 27th (I think) but Hollie said it will ship to me on July 1st :) Can't wait to play with it and report back with a full review!!!!! :cheerleader1:

You think BBB will carry it and allow use of a 20% coupon (Britax carseats are not excluded)

ashleybama24
06-20-2011, 01:18 PM
How do we know that Britax stole the idea from Baby Jogger? Maybe Britax came up with the concept first but spend longer testing it out or was more focused on another design and this sat on the back burner. Maybe the man/woman who designed it started working at the other company and took his design with him/her. How do we not know that they both didn't use an outside engineering company to design these strollers?

I just don't think it's fair to criticize Britax when we don't know the entire history or story behind this stroller. EVEN if Britax did copy the stroller, if Baby Jogger didn't patent it, anyone can "steal" the design.

legaleagle
06-20-2011, 01:22 PM
To me, it's less about the legal intricacies as to it just being plain tacky. And as discussed in other threads, britax has a history of copying other company's stroller designs, for better or worse.

ashleybama24
06-20-2011, 01:32 PM
And we all have every right as a consumer to speak with our wallets. If you don't respect a company...don't buy their products.

Having spent the last 5 years working in the manufacturing/engineering world I can tell you that it happens every day in every industry no matter how secretive designs are borrowed, modified and replicated. Britax will probably just be the first to jump on the bandwagon to replicate and "improve" the BJCM because each company's bottom line is the same...to make money.

legaleagle
06-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Oh, I know, that's JMO - and I have no plans to buy any bj or britax strollers at any point. I'm sure the b-agile is a very nice stroller objectively, and I'm sure it will sell well.

Multimama
06-20-2011, 01:46 PM
I wish they would have added an adjustable handlebar!

Dezracer
06-20-2011, 02:35 PM
Seems like Britax design team consists of just reverse engineering Baby Jogger strollers and making a few mods.

Look at the B-Ready...doesn't it look alot like the BJ City Select?

arivecchi
06-20-2011, 03:11 PM
The B-Ready looks like the Uppababy Vista. No one wants to knock off the Select. :ROTFLMAO:

ashleybama24
06-20-2011, 04:05 PM
No one wants to knock off the Select. :ROTFLMAO:

:hysterical:

TwoBees
06-20-2011, 08:20 PM
The B-Ready looks like the Uppababy Vista. No one wants to knock off the Select. :ROTFLMAO:

:hysterical:

Multimama
06-20-2011, 08:48 PM

This really did make me laugh out loud:ROTFLMAO:

ashleybama24
06-20-2011, 09:33 PM
I know! I wonder how long it will be before they phase the Select out?

Multimama
06-20-2011, 09:49 PM
I know! I wonder how long it will be before they phase the Select out?

I don't know if they will. I see people pushing them around. And the amethyst purple color is so beautiful. It has a lot of the features people want and many people don't even realize strollers don't have to push like they are being pushed through sand.

newg
06-20-2011, 09:50 PM
Aimee

wow!!!! that is sooo cool! Congrats! How many times did you enter??

hollissmama
06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't know if they will. I see people pushing them around. And the amethyst purple color is so beautiful. It has a lot of the features people want and many people don't even realize strollers don't have to push like they are being pushed through sand.

lol, I actually just stumbled upon this forum and had a city select, well yesterday. listed it last night and sold it this evening on CL. Got my money back. I kinda thought all strollers with my heavy guy in them, 20 months and 35lbs would feel heavy but I am going to try some other strollers. Reading through here last night convinced me. The sand analogy is perfect.

ECUPirateMom
06-21-2011, 11:12 AM
wow!!!! that is sooo cool! Congrats! How many times did you enter??

I entered each of the first four days (by logging in to Baby Gizmo.com) and then on the 4th day I posted a comment on their facebook wall :) I AM SO EXCITED!!!!:applause:

Kaylee31
06-21-2011, 12:02 PM
lol, I actually just stumbled upon this forum and had a city select, well yesterday. listed it last night and sold it this evening on CL. Got my money back. I kinda thought all strollers with my heavy guy in them, 20 months and 35lbs would feel heavy but I am going to try some other strollers. Reading through here last night convinced me. The sand analogy is perfect.

Congrats on the sale! What are you going to try next? :)

hollissmama
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM
AAAAArg! totally can't decide now.

Need to get to buybuy baby and try some out I think. I had a city mini but there were some issues I wasn't crazy about and my front wheel started self locking so I returned it and got the city select. Glad it sold quick but now I'm unsure, thinking about the new britax actually. But not sure what I will use for another month, we only have a cheapy umbrella stroller, its a nightmare. So any suggestions for what to get now? or should I wait?

needs:
tall seat/wide seat
prefer footrest
need some recline
push! very important, maneuverability is the most important thing honestly esp need to be able to push one handed.
prefer to spend under $300

AnnieW625
06-21-2011, 05:51 PM
How do we know that Britax stole the idea from Baby Jogger? Maybe Britax came up with the concept first but spend longer testing it out or was more focused on another design and this sat on the back burner. Maybe the man/woman who designed it started working at the other company and took his design with him/her. How do we not know that they both didn't use an outside engineering company to design these strollers?

I just don't think it's fair to criticize Britax when we don't know the entire history or story behind this stroller. EVEN if Britax did copy the stroller, if Baby Jogger didn't patent it, anyone can "steal" the design.

:yeahthat:

I:heartbeat: my total Bugaboo rip off Vista, and sometimes I do yearn for air tires like the Bugaboo Frog, but overall I have been happy with my Vista and it stands apart from every other "bugaboo" pushing mom in my area.

hollissmama
06-23-2011, 10:31 AM
update:
getting a bumbleride indie, went over my budget but only by 100. I just need to pick a color now.