PDA

View Full Version : This is not a stroller, BUT

Khalana
06-19-2011, 06:29 PM
It's sort of related. ;)
http://www.hts.no/en/products/izisleep.php
It's a car seat that reclines flat when out of the car. I thought it was kind of neat. I wish they had those here too. It of course has to be upright for using in the car but it reclines and makes for a more baby friendly travel system. Norway's answer to the convenience versus newborns question. :bighand:

GoBlue
06-19-2011, 09:56 PM
There's a reason why Norway is ranked the #1 country in which to be a mother :bighand:

Khalana
06-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Yes! I'm from Norway myself (moved here, Canada, when I got married). :)

ashleybama24
06-19-2011, 11:44 PM
My dad works there and can't believe the perks mothers (and fathers) get in the workplace. He is forever telling stories of people just walking out of meetings at 3:45 because they are allowed extra time to go pick up their children at the onsite daycare. He says its hard and expensive to run an office because so many people are out on a regular basis and work such short hours anyway. I, on the other hand, think the US could take a few progressive steps in their direction! Year long maternty leave, onsite childcare, universal healthcare, 37 hr work week, fully funded retirement....sign me up!

GoBlue
06-20-2011, 09:05 AM
My dad works there and can't believe the perks mothers (and fathers) get in the workplace. He is forever telling stories of people just walking out of meetings at 3:45 because they are allowed extra time to go pick up their children at the onsite daycare. He says its hard and expensive to run an office because so many people are out on a regular basis and work such short hours anyway. I, on the other hand, think the US could take a few progressive steps in their direction! Year long maternty leave, onsite childcare, universal healthcare, 37 hr work week, fully funded retirement....sign me up!

:yeahthat:

All reasons we've talked about moving there (DH has a good friend who lives in Oslo....we went to visit when DD was 15mos old), and we're only partly kidding....

spannaz
06-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Or you could move to Canada, haha ;). I have a 37hr work week, 1yr maternity, universal healthcare. But not the onsite daycare- that would be nice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabyBearsMom
06-20-2011, 10:10 AM
I want them to make that car seat in an adult size so I can snooze in it :jammin:

Most of Europe has much better maternity benefits than the US. Oh wait, I forgot about the "generous" 12 weeks of unpaid FMLA leave we are all entitled to...boo! I would be happy if everyone was guaranteed 3 months of paid leave even.