PDA

View Full Version : We have mice AGAIN!

DebbieJ
06-19-2011, 09:44 PM
I think this is the 4th time since last fall? WTF?!?!?!?

I just heard our trap go off and took a look---ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

Time to call a pest control company, me thinks.

misshollygolightly
06-19-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm so sorry! We dealt with this for the first time this spring and it was NOT fun (I posted about it here on the BP a while ago). Anyway, here's hoping you're able to get the problem taken care of quickly and easily!

DebbieJ
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I think they're coming in via our very cluttered attached garage, so you know what's on my to-do list this week. fun fun fun!

elizabethkott
06-19-2011, 11:10 PM
GAH!!!!!
:shudder:
(another reminder that we really need a shuddering smilie!!!)

Twoboos
06-20-2011, 08:49 AM
I hear ya! I am waiting for the pest people right now. Usually I hear them in our unfinished attic space, above our BED. If they wake me up in the night, I get the willies cannot get back sleep, and sometimes move into the guest room to sleep.

The other night we heard them above DD1's room. This is a FINISHED attic space. Ugh, that sound of their little clawing feet.

We've set snap traps and sticky traps. The only thing we've ever caught was... a bat. :barf:

squimp
06-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Can you borrow a cat for a few weeks? Ours are great mousers.

SammyeGail
06-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I think they're coming in via our very cluttered attached garage, so you know what's on my to-do list this week. fun fun fun!

:yeahthat:

:rotflmao: Don't mean to laugh at your problem, I personally cope with stress with humor sometimes ;).

I think I might be more bothered by having to clean out the garage, LOL!

We had mice when I was in HS, my parents tried everything to get rid of them. 2-3 had gotten in the house. the title of your post made me remember it! Once one came in my room when I had a friend over for the night. We were screaming our heads off and trying to hit it with something, but too scared. The funniest was hearing some loud banging in the kitchen, I ran downstairs and my Dad was running in a circle trying to hit one with the end of a broomstick. He was cursing up a storm, but he did get the mouse.

Get some broomsticks ready!! It worked!!

BabyH
06-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Ugh. We just went through this recently. I couldn't find the little bugger for like three weeks but I'd see mouse droppings all over the fireplace and around DS' playmat and toys (and that seriously skeeved me out).

I'm not one to "want to kill" things.... but after finding droppings on the playmat, I went and bought the KILL traps. Baited them with peanut butter and voila! one day there was a long tail hanging out of the trap. I hated to do it, really, but my biggest (irrational?) fear that it was a pregnant female... so I had to do what I had to do.

And FWIW, if you go to the Orkin website, and read all about mice.... your stomach will turn and you'll do whatever you have to do to rid your home of the silly woodland creatures.

WatchingThemGrow
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
BE CAREFUL if you go this route!!!

Last summer we had mice (yuk, yuk, yuk x 1000) and borrowed a friend's cat while she went away. Well, the freaking cat never caught the mouse, but a couple weeks after she left, we had a FLEA infestation. DH and I almost lost our minds after battling both of those pests for months. :shake: