PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have ceramic tile that looks like wood?

lhafer
06-20-2011, 11:03 AM
These really intrigue me. I have all ceramic tile in my house - and while I would LLLOOOOVVVEEE real wood floors, between kids and dogs and general wear I don't want to spend tons of money for them. I love how pretty indestructible our ceramic tile is. We have a really open house and if we got wood floors - they would pretty much have to go everywhere except the bedrooms because otherwise it would look weird.

Just wondered if anyone has the ceramic tile that looks like wood. If so, how do you like it?

katydid1971
06-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Have you priced it? I wouldn't be surprised if with installation the wood is cheaper than ceramic tile throughout the house. Also If you live in a colder climate you might not like the tile in the winter.

BabyBearsMom
06-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I have laminate that looks like wood. It is fantastic, was half the price of hardwood. We went for a higher end product and it looks really nice. Not 100% like hardwood, but not like cheapy laminate. I've never seen ceramic that looks like wood though.

lhafer
06-20-2011, 01:25 PM
Have you priced it? I wouldn't be surprised if with installation the wood is cheaper than ceramic tile throughout the house. Also If you live in a colder climate you might not like the tile in the winter.

No, we live in Houston. REALLY hot. REALLY humid. That's why real hardwood floors kind of scare me - worry about the humidity.

We actually have engineered wood in our study and dining room. They were free upgrades when we built the house. While I love them, I don't see these particular floors throughout our home because they are the "slick" wood. Very shiny, very smooth surface. I can see just slipping on them all the time.

Plus the way my kitchen is open to the living room - I would either need to find a tile/slate that really looks good with the wood floors, or find something for the kitchen area as water issues worry me.