PDA

View Full Version : Booster seat Recs

Lupe
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi,
Baby is 4 months, and although I am not planning on starting him on solid for a couple of months, I probably should start thinking about logistics.
I do not have the space for a high chair, and was looking on getting a booster seat. I am not sure if I should get a simple one, that is all solid like the Fisher price healthy care, or to get one that is more high-chair like, that reclines and has a padded seat. I would like it to be compact so I can travel with it. I am not sure if a padded seat will be a dirt trap, but I am concerned DS will slouch on it. On the other hand I heard they have to be able to sit upright to eat solids
Also, is it a good idea to get one that has toys (like the fisher price rainforest)
so DS can play while I get the meal ready? Amazon has a good deal on it but it takes 1-2 months to ship, so now is the right time to get it
any recommendations on what to get?

TwoBees
06-20-2011, 01:22 PM
We just bought the Healthy Care booster for DD to use at grandparents' house and really like it. That said, the child needs to be able to sit unsupported to use the booster, as the back is not very high and it does not recline. You might better off with the FP Space Saver High Chair.

Lupe
06-25-2011, 01:46 PM
Don't you need DS to be able to sit upright to introduce solids anyway?

RunnerDuck
06-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I had a peg perego high chair VERY briefly for my first son - pennysaver "score" - and words cannot describe how much I hated that thing. Huge, bulky, 9,000 crevices for food to get stuck. I sold it and got the fisher price healthy care booster. When I had twins I got a second FP chair. Sold one of those, kept one for this newest little guy. So really that is all we have used. I am not one to start solids early - none of my kids did solids till 9 months or so at which point they can more or less sit just fine in that chair. We did some very early spoon feeding using their bouncers but that didn't last long. Pretty much right to the booster, and quickly to finger foods/self feeding, with all my kids.

One tip, I took out the seat belt. It's not needed if you have the tray on and it gets nasty funky icky with food. Easier to clean without it.

If you ever need to travel it's easy to take the booster with you if needed.

So there's my vote for the healthy care chair. No need for a space-eating pricey high chair.