PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the doubles I have tried

mecawa
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
First I want to thank everyone for all their suggestions in my search for the perfect double for my kids. I went back to our local stroller shop this past week this time with DD1 and DD2 and my diaper bag (hoping to mimic weight of a newborn). Here were my thoughts on what I tried

BJCMD- hands down the lightest, best fold, best canopy, best steering, etc. I know why everyone was recommending this now, it was probably the best double there. I feel it's still VERY wide, but other than that it was the best double. DD2 actually sat in it and liked it (although she is already reaching the top of the seat and she is smaller for her age). I had taken this off the list but it's now been put back on.

BJ city Select- Cumbersome, VERY long, heavy, DD2 loved the seats though, can't see myself ever using this, off the list

Phil and Teds--- Really liked this, loved the width, weight wasn't too too bad, was hard to push because they had very little air in the tires, DD2 loved the front seat, was freaked out by the second seat and was asking to get out. Still on the list though, maybe she would get use to that seat, I don't know, could be used as both car stroller, and outdoor stroller

BOB Duallie- looked at this as my AT stroller, was way to wide for stores, but great for outside, love my single, just felt this was way too wide for us though, off this list

Bumbleride Indie Twin- LOVED this but only as my outdoor stroller, could not handle taking that in and out of the car every day.

Joovy Ultralight-- Very surprised at how much I liked this. Easy to push, DD2 loved that bench seat, didn't care for the fact that I would have to use the infant car seat with it, I kind of would like the option of being able to use the seat from birth, and DD2 as of now still naps in the stroller, so bench seat would not work all of the time for her, other than that it was great, I would definitely consider this in like another year, if the kids were 6 months + and like 3 1/2 ish.

So for my car stroller, I'm thinking P&T or BJCMD and for my AT I'm thinking P&T or Bumbleride Indie Twin. Joovy Ultralight would be great/easy for short trips too.

Editing to add: Does anyone know anything about the Joovy Ergo Caboose? Saw that online this morning, looks interesting, but all of the stores around here only carry the Ultralight.

scriptkitten
06-20-2011, 01:08 PM
i think the combo of a BJCMD and the P&T is perfect. I have both of those and I think they complement each other perfectly.