PDA

View Full Version : High chair in small space help

ckymkygirl
06-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm trying to figure out the best high chair for a small space is. I don't want a space saver as we currently don't have a table/chairs so I need a free standing one. Price isn't an issue but do any good ones fold flatish?

I originally was looking at the Graco duodiner but I don't think it folds down much. It's so hard to tell online though. I don't have much ability to go to the stores and look at them in person at the moment so I'm hoping you ladies can help!

Thanks in advance!

monicak
06-26-2011, 11:18 AM
We have a cheapy Graco and it folds down pretty flat....it is about 3 years old so I am not sure of the model. In all honesty, they are a PITA to fold/unfold every time you use it. We didn't use ours long at all, as soon as DD was a good sitter we switched to a hook-on chair to free up space and got alot more use out of that. http://philandteds.com/products/feed/metoo-portable-high-chair

schrocat
06-29-2011, 10:05 AM
It doesn't fold down flat but I would probably go with a Stokke Tripp Trapp for a small space. It's versatile (can be used as the child grows) and has the smallest footprint of all the highchairs I've seen apart from the Ikea highchair.

Purple18
06-29-2011, 10:14 AM
It doesn't fold down flat but I would probably go with a Stokke Tripp Trapp for a small space. It's versatile (can be used as the child grows) and has the smallest footprint of all the highchairs I've seen apart from the Ikea highchair.

I totally agree and they look great. If you do get a bit of sticker shock, one step ahead has a knock off but it seems slightly wider although I haven't measured.

elbenn
06-29-2011, 10:26 AM
The Svan high chair has a pretty small footprint.

Uno-Mom
07-02-2011, 06:01 PM
We have the Contempo. It has a wide base when open but folds tiny. It can stand independently while folded, too, which is a bonus. We like it and grandparents bought one, too.

soontobe
07-04-2011, 08:21 PM
what about the ikea one?

Tondi G
07-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Ikea has a pretty small one

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/80141256#/00145060/

RunnerDuck
07-07-2011, 10:07 PM
fwiw we often used our healthy care boosters on the floor.