PDA

View Full Version : TMI: is this a hemhroid or something else?

MSWR0319
06-20-2011, 06:17 PM
after I gave birth to DS I felt like I was sitting on a softball for a week or so. It went away and wasn't really bothersome. Since then (2.5 years later) it still seems to "flare" up. Normally I don't get the feeling until after I have a BM, usually when constipated. Afterwards, I feel like I'm sitting on a much smaller ball for a little while and then it goes awhile. The only other time I've noticed it is when I'm on top during sex. :shy: I've always assumed it was a hemhroid since it seems to occur during this times and once in awhile there is a speck of blood after a BM. However, every once in awhile I feel a little pressure in my vagina maybe? Does this sound like a hemhroid or could something be prolapsed? I just had my yearly and wish it was flared then, because I forgot to ask her about it. Would she have caught something prolapsed without knowingly looking for it? We're planning on TTC in the next few months but if something's damaged in there I don't want to make it worse. FWIW, I was in labor for 40 hrs with DS and pushed on and off for 4 hours to try and get him through the last .5cm and then pushed about 30 min once I was dilated. Any thoughts??

misshollygolightly
06-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I'm no expert, but it sounds rather like a hemorrhoid to me (at least, sounds pretty similar to the ones I've had). Have you tried treating it with some OTC things like Tucks pads, epsom salt baths, etc.? It might be worth trying some of those things to see if it responds. No harm in asking your doc about it, but maybe try some of these simple self-medicating options in the meantime?

ETA: I haven't had any of the vaginal pain you describe, so maybe that is something different after all?

DebbieJ
06-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Totally sounds like 'roids.

mommylamb
06-20-2011, 08:59 PM
It's probably a hemorrhoid. But could it be a hernia?