PDA

View Full Version : Toy to keep 2 month old occupied

arenee22
06-21-2011, 06:38 AM
I have a 2 month old and an 18 month old. What would you recommened to keep him occupied while I am doing other things like cooking, changing my older son, putting him to bed and doing things around the house. He has a swing and a bouncy and doesnt seem to like either of those. I have a wrap and I wear it when I can but I can't do everything with him in it.

Any ideas?

wellyes
06-21-2011, 07:31 AM
That's the right age for a gym! Good for playing with toys, looking in the mirror, having some tummy time to look at the pictures on the mat, etc. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Melodies-Lights-Deluxe/dp/B000FFL58Q/ref=zg_tr_196609011_2

truly scrumptious
06-21-2011, 07:55 AM
That's the right age for a gym! Good for playing with toys, looking in the mirror, having some tummy time to look at the pictures on the mat, etc. Something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Rainforest-Melodies-Lights-Deluxe/dp/B000FFL58Q/ref=zg_tr_196609011_2

:yeahthat:

Although in my experience attention levels and energy levels at that age are short. DD will play in her gym 20 minutes tops before getting fidgety. I find that cycling her through a few different activities (gym, bouncer, playard) for 20 minutes each buys me the most time. By which time she's tired and needs a nap anyway. Be prepared for the usual diaper/feeding interruptions, of course.

arenee22
06-21-2011, 08:44 AM
thank you for the replies

I have one similar from my older son. I will get it out for the baby.

I never thought of it this soon.

vonfirmath
06-21-2011, 09:05 AM
At that age with DS we put him on a colorful quilt and put a few toys on the rug with him and he'd look at them -- his favorite to just look at seemed to be the Lamaze Octotunes

(Sometimes when passing by, we'd reach down and give the legs a"Tweak" so it would make noise)

But yes, at 2 months, he was still sleeping a LOT nad not awake that long in between

hellokitty
06-21-2011, 09:09 AM
If he doesn't like the playmat, I'd just wear him in a sling. At that age, they really can't play with much of anything.

candaceb
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
The two things that would buy me 20 minutes at that age were the Tiny Love mobile and the Tiny Love playmat with the sounds and lights running.

Dream
06-21-2011, 10:26 AM
At 2 months DD2 was not awake much but at 3 months now, she stay in the gym for about 20 min tops before wanting to sleep again. She enjoys the gym.

arenee22
06-22-2011, 07:34 AM
Well I tried the play gym and he didnt like it, he was quiet for 2 minutes then was fussy again. maybe I will keep trying it.

Or maybe since he is older I can try the swing again.

Nechums
06-22-2011, 07:40 AM
The two things that would buy me 20 minutes at that age were the Tiny Love mobile and the Tiny Love playmat with the sounds and lights running.

I second the mobile. I could never get through bath time without it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles
06-22-2011, 08:58 AM
A bouncy seat with vibration or a swing, both with something to look at ( play bar, mobile, hanging toys) would be great.

Beth

♥ms.pacman♥
06-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Well I tried the play gym and he didnt like it, he was quiet for 2 minutes then was fussy again. maybe I will keep trying it.

i would definitely keep trying it. my DD will dislike somethings one day and love them the next. several times she's cried when i put her down in the play gym (maybe bc at the time she doesn't like to be lying down, wanted to be held, or whatever). today i put her down in it and she was content to play there for like 20 minutes while i ate my dinner and DS played around her!

with DD (2 mos adjusted age) i pretty much rotate between the swing, bouncy seat, the Nap Nanny, her crib (with mobile) and the play gym. i have a 17month old as well so i get the need to keep the baby occupied while taking care of the older one! oh and i sometimes wear dd in the carrier when i'm trying to feed ds.