PDA

View Full Version : HA Outlet what to expect?

kaharris83
06-21-2011, 11:36 AM
I've been reading a lot lately about chemicals used to treat fabric in children's clothes and read that HA apparently doesn't use any of those chemicals in their clothing. I've been to a regular HA store once and was a little shell shocked by the prices. I realize it's much better quality than ON, Gap, Carter's, etc. so the prices are higher and I'm willing to pay them for clothing that isn't chemically treated. There's an outlet 2 1/2 hours from me that I am considering driving to this weekend and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect as far as prices. Are they similar to what is on the HA website for sale prices? Or are things regular price at the outlet?(I've found sometimes outlet stores aren't priced any differently than other stores). Thanks!!

Dream
06-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm nw to HA so can't help you much. Outlets are cheaper than the stores generally but right noe theie eos sale is going on at the stores so prices might be about the same. If you have particular items in mind you can call them and check prices and availability before driving down.

TwinFoxes
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
I went to the one in Maine, and was definitely underwhelmed. Maybe it was bad timing on my part, but they weren't any less expensive than the in store sale prices. I had just bought a few things at HA, so I knew what the prices were. I went in August.

Do you happen to have a link to the info about chemicals in clothes? I'd be interested in reading that.

LMPC
06-21-2011, 02:29 PM
I have been to the HA outlet in W'burg a few times. Once I was underwhelmed...no really good sales going on. But the next time I went (easter weekend), I was like a crazy woman! $5 PJ's (the zipper kind), $5 mocs (loads of sizes and colors), $5 floppy hats, $5 survivor jackets...it seemed like everything was $5. And I bought tons and tons of basic stuff for next summer for DD. It all depends on the timing. They are really nice at the outlet. You might try calling before you go just to get a sense of what they might have.

mecawa
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
It's definitely all in the timing (although, I can't seem to get the timing right). I have been very underwhelmed by the Maine outlet store, their prices seem to always be exactly what I would pay in store, and that's why I thought it was one of those, "outlets" that really wasn't an outlet type of deal. But then my cousin was telling me that she was up at the same outlet last summer and there were HUGE deals. She got her daughter several play dresses with matching leggings for like 10 dollars a set!!!! She spent under 200 dollars and got like a full two seasons worth of clothes. I haven't had that luck at all, but I hope you do!!!!

citymama
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
This is a GREAT weekend to go! They're having their end of season sale right now, and are having additional markdowns starting on Friday!

Outlet sale prices are on par with Carters. I bought a baby rashguard swimsuit for $12, scooter skirts for $8-12. Today rompers are $10-12, some dresses in that range too. Last year at this time of year (late June-mid July), they had $10 play dresses, $8 scooter skirts, $5-6 tops, pants, rompers and hats, so there may be some great deals this weekend too!

kaharris83
06-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the responses!! I checked the list of stores at the Outlet and I'm sure there's a few other things I'm interested in checking out anyway so I'll probably make the trip and cross my fingers it's a good weekend to go.

The first information that got me reading about chemicals in clothing was this article:
http://www.safbaby.com/12-things-your-child-should-avoid

LMPC
06-21-2011, 08:08 PM
I have found that the LL Bean outlet in W'burg is typically good...just as a BTDT. Have fun!