PDA

View Full Version : Diffferent Maclarens? Or maybe BJCMD?

nbarrett78
06-21-2011, 04:17 PM
I am looking at the double Maclarens and I am not sure about the differences.
(I am looking at used). I have a 2yr DD and 5mo DS. I am looking at keeping this in the car for occasional outings. But, I am not sure which type of double is best suited for me. I think I am looking at the Traveller or Triumph or Techno. Are these even different?
I already have a Bob Duallie that I LOVE. But this stroller is too big to keep in car and to take on small outings by myself with kids. We use Bob to take hikes on trails with our dogs and around neighborhood.
I have also looked at BJCMD. Anyone know of differences between 2010 and 2011? the 2010 is on sale for $299 at Albee baby, but if the 2011 is a huge improvement...
Another thing, of all these strollers, which would take on a flight and why?
I am planning 2 flights (trips) at least this summer, so it would get used.
Thanks!

star04
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
I don't think the Maclaren Easy Traveller comes as a double, and it is only for infant carseats. The Triumph is more bare bones than the Techno, but I've heard both Maclaren doubles are a pain to steer. Most people prefer the BJCMD as a double side-by-side. The 2011 model has a better seat back (not as slouchy).

AnnieW625
06-21-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't think the Maclaren Easy Traveller comes as a double, and it is only for infant carseats. The Triumph is more bare bones than the Techno, but I've heard both Maclaren doubles are a pain to steer. Most people prefer the BJCMD as a double side-by-side. The 2011 model has a better seat back (not as slouchy).

There used to be a double called the Twin Traveller (http://www.amazon.com/2005-Maclaren-Twin-Traveller-Pattern/dp/B00078ANJ8). Now the only doubles are the Twin Triumph, and the Twin Techno. I believe the Twin Traveller is the Twin Techno now; they look very similar.

I believe there are big improvements on the BJCM for 2011, but hopefully someone else will chime in on that. BJ seems to make big improvements every year though. Kind of frusterating if you ask me.

A friend of mine with twins really loved her Techno, except as her kids got older it was harder to push and her wrists started hurting. She started using her Bob Duallie more.

vtmom
06-22-2011, 01:24 PM
I have the twin techno for my 6 month old twins and 2 year old DD. Sometimes I have the two babies in it and sometimes I have a baby and my toddler in it. I am very happy with it and don't have a problem steering even when I have two different size kids in the stroller. I also looked at the bjcmd, but did not like the wide, flat fold; I needed the long thinner fold of the mac since this is our leave in the car stroller. Also, I (and DD) did not like the slouchy back or the fabric footwell on the bjcmd.

scriptkitten
06-22-2011, 02:14 PM
i would never advise anyone to get a double maclaren unless their kids are never going to top 12lbs a piece or they are never ever going outside.

i had one when my twins were about 16m-24m old and it was an unholy beast to steer. i hated it.

i have a bjcmd as my travel SBS now and its much more functional. more comfortable and better steering for everyone.

Kaylee31
06-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I would go with the BJCMD, it probably will have a better push & easier fold than a twin Mac. The 2011s have added PE boards in the back of the seat for more support, and upright straps that pull the seat slightly more upright. So there were improvements, but not huge ones.
Some 2010s manufactured in late 2010 came with the upright straps. You can buy PE boards for the 2010 from Albee for $15 each, or make your own with thick cardboard.

spannaz
06-23-2011, 12:08 AM
And there is another topic posted on the board where someone found a BJCMD on sale at Elite Car Seats for $219!!! Grab it and run!!

GL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckelly
06-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Yes! Go! Go!

nbarrett78
06-23-2011, 11:32 AM
CRAP! I missed it. Know any sites that will price match out of stock? I am really leaning towards the BJCMD now.
I am flying alone with the 2 kids. Would you take Bob duallie or BJCMD?