PDA

View Full Version : PSA- Online counterfeit sites-shoes

Karinyc
06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I just wanted to warn others, especially if you regularly make online purchases, to be careful of online counterfeit sites (that look incredibly legitimate). I very, very rarely purchase items online but was looking for a particular pair of sandals I love (Uggs). Couldn't find my size on Zappos & I went to a site that looked like the official retailer's. Thankfully, I got suspicious & didn't place my order but they have my name, address, & email. I became suspicious when towards the end of the payment process it stated it would be an IPS online payment (be leery of that).

Anyway, I called UGG customer service & the online retailer is counterfeit (they took the info & will report). The site looked exactly like the Ugg official site (they probably copied & pasted the graphics & text from the Ugg site). I was told that usually it's one individual who runs several online "businesses" & was probably based in Beijing or Shanghai. Ironically, the sandals and other shoes were not discounted (pretty similar prices to Amazon & Zappos), which also led me to think at first that it was legit.

Anyway, I'm upset since I'm SUPER careful & hesitant about making online purchases. Looks like I'll keep buying at B&M stores, but just wanted to make others aware since it's very prevalent.

Melaine
06-22-2011, 11:36 AM
It is really common. Uggs has a list of authorized retailers on it's site, but some of the other brands may not.

MommyAllison
06-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I think Ergo is having problems with this too. Thanks for the heads up!