PDA

View Full Version : BJ City Elite Sweaty Baby

peggy_morrison
06-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Hi -

I have the 2010 version of this stroller and absolutely love it. DS not so much. He likes to sit up straight to look out but the seat won't come up that far even at the "straightest" setting. Also, he gets so hot in it. I bought a clip-on fan but that doesn't seem to help. His back is totally drenched when I get him out of it. Any suggestions on how to sit him straighter and make him sweat less? So far I have added a towel to cover the back rest and it seems to help some. Thanks.

ECUPirateMom
06-22-2011, 11:39 AM
No ideas on how to sit him up straighter (we have a similar issue with our stroller but that's just how ours is made) but I might suggest trying one of these stroller liners...I can't personally attest to them but I've read some good reviews!
http://www.amazon.com/Meeno-Babies-Universal-Stroller-Yellow/dp/B004E84YZQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1308757017&sr=1-8
Hope this helps!
Aimee

BabyBearsMom
06-22-2011, 11:48 AM
No suggestion on the sweaty but we have the same issue with the BJCM. I don't know what the BJCE is like, the BJCM has these D rings at the base of the seat, so I attach the harness to those D rings and use the harness on her legs only (i.e. she doesn't have her chest strapped down at all) so she can pull herself up to look out. It looks a little funky but it works. I have started putting a little pillow behind her back so she has some back support when she is leaning forward and am thinking about getting the belly bar so she has something to hang on to. I know it isn't the kosher way to harness her into the stroller (no flaming please), and I get plenty of mommy drive-bys about it, but it works for us.

peggy_morrison
06-22-2011, 12:05 PM
No suggestion on the sweaty but we have the same issue with the BJCM. I don't know what the BJCE is like, the BJCM has these D rings at the base of the seat, so I attach the harness to those D rings and use the harness on her legs only (i.e. she doesn't have her chest strapped down at all) so she can pull herself up to look out. It looks a little funky but it works. I have started putting a little pillow behind her back so she has some back support when she is leaning forward and am thinking about getting the belly bar so she has something to hang on to. I know it isn't the kosher way to harness her into the stroller (no flaming please), and I get plenty of mommy drive-bys about it, but it works for us.

I am not even using the chest harness :hysterical: so no flaming from me. DS is not much for confined spaces. I was thinking about the pillow, might have to give that a try. Thanks.

Kaylee31
06-22-2011, 10:38 PM
Do you have the belly bar so your DS can use it to pull himself up?
Does the BJCE have the velcro pocket in the back of the seat like the BJCM? If so, you could buy the PE board for it, or put some cardboard back there to make it a little more supportive.
I would also suggest trying the Cool Mee liners.