PDA

View Full Version : LandsEnd vs. Boden for casual tee's?

SammyeGail
06-22-2011, 11:27 AM
I had not bought any LE tops in years, the tees I had were thick and hot, even the s/s ones.

I have some Boden tops that I love the unique look of them, some are on their 4th summer.

Some of the LE ones lost their shape, a bit. I did order some the other day, they arrived yesterday, they are lightweight and I love them (they were 5.99, 25% off).

I love these Boden tees and want to get them so much! Even when very casual, I feel more 'put together' in boden casual tees, kwim?

I haven't washed the LE tees, but know the previous Boden tees wash and dry fine. Can I mention how much better they make me feel wearing them?!

Here's the boden tees:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Short-Sleeved-Tops/WL584-ORA/Womens-Seville-Linen-Mix-Jersey-Top.html

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Short-Sleeved-Tops/WL586-PGR/Womens-Mint-Textured-Jersey-Tee.html

I'm having a hard time justifying the price for the Boden, but maybe they will honor the EOS sale price in a few days???

I will have to hang-dry these LE tops because of shrinkage, DH loves their polos for basics, but the few he has have shrunk so much!

I sort of want someone to talk me out of the Boden tees, but maybe more want someone to tell me to go ahead, since they do make me feel so much more put together plus I like the colors and styles. I feel they will hold up in washer and dryer. With our W&D being in garage now, I'm not into doing much laundry right now ;).

katydid1971
06-22-2011, 01:13 PM
I have recently purchased several LE Canvas tees and I am really happy with them. I do think the first tee you posted is especially cute/wearable. If you spend $5 on a tee but hate it and end up throwing/giving it away then its not a good deal. Buy the tees you want and feel better about yourself, there is a lot of value in just that.
I think I'm going to order one of the first ones you posted, so cute!!

WatchingThemGrow
06-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I feel the same way about my Boden tees - l/s or s/s. They feel better, are cut better, and the colors are better. Granted, this summer, nothing I ordered fit just right and was the right price to stay with me. I ended up needing some shirts and got a Patagonia and some LOFT outlet shirts that were okay - kinda in between the LE and Boden ones price and style wise.

SammyeGail
06-22-2011, 02:28 PM
None of what I have ordered this summer has worked out for me either, haven't tried the tees I posted, but have realized tops with the pleated or scrunched area above the breast line helps hide my twin tummy so much better. I should get a few, they will go out of style soon, lol. Of course I'll still be wearing them ;).

I love Boden for their boxy fit :D. Wish their bottoms fit me, huge in the hips to get a comfy waist.

Now if I can find a credit card :bag. Moving stinks!

MommytoEliana
06-22-2011, 03:35 PM
I'd get the Boden ones. You love them, you'll love wearing them, and therefore you'll wear them more, which means the cost/wear ends up being much less than they would if you only wore them once in a while.

Maybe the newer LE tees are better, but in the past mine have always shrunk so badly I've not been happy with them. I've always gotten little holes in them quickly.

Good luck!

SammyeGail
06-22-2011, 06:56 PM
I'd get the Boden ones. You love them, you'll love wearing them, and therefore you'll wear them more, which means the cost/wear ends up being much less than they would if you only wore them once in a while.

Maybe the newer LE tees are better, but in the past mine have always shrunk so badly I've not been happy with them. I've always gotten little holes in them quickly.

Good luck!

You totally justified it, lol! My favorite tees are 2 Boden casuals, one on 4th summer, other on 3rd. I wear them around the house even. I have dressier ones, don't wear much, was going to ebay several, moving 3 times since Jan. thru that out of the window, lol.

One of my Boden tees does have a little hole in it, probably from the kids ;), I have meant to put fray-check on it, but its never gotten bigger. its probably been washed 10+ times since I noticed it!

Ok, just placed order, won't go threw with the LE order. I love the reviews about the Boden tees being light-weight, I need that now living in FL. I wear a control cami underneath 99% of the time, so being *too* lightweight or thin is no problem for me!

As for tiny holes and loosing shape, Gap tees have been the worst!

AnnieW625
06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Boden fits better than Lands End on me; I have the everyday jersey dress, some tank tops (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Sleeveless-Tops/WL578-WHT/Womens-White-Pleated-Trim-Top.html?NavGroupID=18), and the tie front cardigan. I did order some 100% cotton non stretchy skirts and decided that I wasn't going to reorder in the larger size because I am trying to lose weight. The essential short sleeve tee also didn't work for me; it was too tight in the shoulders which meant the next bigger size would've been boxy everywhere else on me. LE always ends up being boxy on me. I have not tried Lands End Canvas. I do sort of like my LE swimsuit, but I don't know if I would order another one again because the bikini bottoms are too low, even with the modern #2 leg.

I am hoping that the tanks that I linked to go on sale at the EOS sale; I want the pink, and the green; I already have graphite, and navy, and the graphite is a true graphite and not black like the photo shows. I bought the dress and the cardigans with the 20% sale in March, and then I bought the tanks a week later during catch of the day and used the 20% off $175 code.

citymama
06-23-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm having a hard time justifying the price for the Boden, but maybe they will honor the EOS sale price in a few days???

This is a good time to buy because they will give you a PA for EOS prices plus you can find a fs code (not sure if the 25% off code still works but try it!). I like that second tee you posted and might order it for myself!

SammyeGail
06-23-2011, 08:17 AM
This is a good time to buy because they will give you a PA for EOS prices plus you can find a fs code (not sure if the 25% off code still works but try it!). I like that second tee you posted and might order it for myself!

I'm really hoping they price match with EOS prices! I was thinking the sale started today, its 8 EST so don't think its going to happen.

Annie, I ordered 2 of the tanks you linked also! I got a graphite too. I have to wear boxy fits, I hate this tummy! I'm turning into the worst body shape I dreaded, the apple :crying:. The steroids don't help it much either.

I am inbetween sizes at Boden, I went with the larger one, I can most likely throw it in the dryer (i always use delicate) and I don't like the feel of anything binding on me. It may make me look more pregnant, but anything I wear would :(.

MommytoEliana
06-23-2011, 02:03 PM
You totally justified it, lol!

I'm good at justifying Boden and Hanna purchases. :-)