PDA

View Full Version : Inglesina Zippy - Difference in 2008 and 2011?

lmilhiser
06-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Hi -- I am having my third baby and have gotten rid of all my strollers from my older children. I had a zippy that I loved. I was looking online for a new one and found a good deal for under $300 but it is a 2008. I like it because it comes with the snack tray but I am curious the difference between that model and a newer model. I also saw the albee baby deal for a 2010 zippy for about $300 but that one does not come with the snack tray and it looks like they discontinued them.

Anyone know the differences between 2008 and the new models? Also, I was briefly looking at the City Mini but I am thinking the zippy is sturdier? Anyone have a comparison of the two? I have read some of the threads but am still not 100%. Thanks!

Liz

AnnieW625
06-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome! I liked the Zippy better than the City Mini, but many places don't keep Zippys anymore. I ended up getting a used Uppa Baby Vista for not much more than I would've paid for a new Zippy. The fold on the Zippy was amazing and super easy and I liked the traditional seat on the Zippy vs. the slouchy seat on the City Mini. I don't think I would pay $300 for a 2008 stroller (unless it was a Bugaboo or a gently used Vista or a Mountain Buggy) though.

ijopint
06-22-2011, 04:02 PM
I have the Zippy too given to me but I think mine's older like 2007
can't recall but the manual is in Italian not english version. It comes with the tray and a raincover. My babysitter is currently using this for DD b/c the fold is so easy and compact to store in her house.
I say Zippy is one of the best umbrella stroller out there. :thumbsup:
check baby Gizmo review for this stroller:
http://www.babygizmo.com/media/video_inglesinazippy.php
http://www.babygizmo.com/media/video_inglesinazippy2009.php

lmilhiser
06-22-2011, 06:53 PM
thanks ladies! the 2008 i found was new it was from babybestbuy or something like that but for a couple bucks more it probably makes sense to get the 2010 from albee kids. interesting to hear about the recline on the city mini, i really liked the seat positions on the older zippy that i had!! there are so many strollers out there, it is overwhelming!!!