PDA

View Full Version : I know you're on vacation, but 20 teens in the pool for 9 hours!!

SammyeGail
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
We live in a townhouse community, the one next door rents out weekly. I had talked to the owner, she said they are very picky about who rents, word of mouth mostly. HA! What a joke, it has been a pain since we moved here.

Yesterday just got to me (they are back in now), they arrived at 1PM and stayed in the pool till 9:30. We have had lots of ppl use the pool, the hurricane grade windows/doors block out the sound thankfully, but they are so LOUD! First time I have even heard noise from the pool.

Seriously ppl, GO TO THE BEACH!! It's 1.5 blocks away. Your on vacation at the beach, why bother coming if you're in the pool the whole time!?!

I was very courteous, but just went out and said something about them jumping in the pool, it's against the rules. They were nice, I try not to be a prude, then my big mouth said 'why don't you go to the beach?' it just came out, I smiled quickly and went back inside.

And if they park in our space AGAIN, I will have them towed!!

LMPC
06-22-2011, 03:00 PM
That sounds so incredibly annoying! And it's exactly what my dad complains about (he lives in Seagrove...not too far from you!). People will rent out their place to loads of people without much thought about what it's like for the people who live there year round. I hope they have gone to the beach by now!!!

Melanie
06-22-2011, 04:54 PM
What an annoying situation!! I'm sorry.

SammyeGail
06-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Ok, I found and called the owner. I was really nice about the jumping in the pool, saying I really didn't want anyone getting hurt. I went downstairs and they had several chairs up against my side door. I could not even open the door with out knocking one down. I went out and moved them (they weren't sitting in them, lol) they looked at me, I nicely said it was a shared walkway, we need access to our door. (DH comes home thru that one).

This has pissed me off. I noticed earlier they had a foam baseball bat in the pool, playing around. DH went on porch (second floor!!) and they had threw the baseball bat on our balcony. :angry-smiley-005: DH said it was probably an accident, NO WAY, you would have to aim for it. Here is the courtyard of the community:

http://images.vrbo.com/vrbo/images/8f9e9

Sorry, but a bunch of guys maybe 17-22/23 are being a-holes! That throw took aim, not an accidental throw like DH thinks. He's being very non-confrontational. He gets that way about stuff like this, its ok, its part of his personality.

At least the owner gave me a huge Thank You for calling her. They are on a baseball team and there are only supposed to be 4 guys there and a set of parents. I have seen absolutely no parents. She said they must have invited several of their team-mates over, they were not supposed to do that. She was very agitated at the 20+ guys in the pool, she ask me to call her anytime a renter is causing concern, she also thanked me if I watched out for the place. She is sending a local friend over to talk to them.