PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like a horrid mom today.

Carrots
06-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Please no flames. I just need to let this out... kind of like confession.

I took the girls food shopping and realized I dropped my list of groceries. I quickly ran back to the end of the isle to glance down rear of the store where we just came from to see if it were laying on the floor. It wasn't there, so I went back to the cart..... only to find 3 people standing around it with DD K (in the seat) crying and DD A (In the cart with the groceries) acting shy and scared. An elderly woman said to me that my "bigger one was beating my small one". I was mortified that I left them and they attracted attention. DD A told me later that K pulled her hair and she was pushing K's hand away - not my idea of "beating" someone.

The bright side is that another woman stopped me as we were checking out to say how brave I was to take both of them shopping with me. I felt a little better after that. I am really not a bad mom! Just pulled in 85 different directions!! (sigh)

Carrots
06-22-2011, 07:59 PM
..... and I just realized I left my Mac Quest outside all day in the rain! Lovely!

sariana
06-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Three people had nothing better to do? I took my 2 grocery shopping today, too. They're older, but we still attract a fair bit of attention. My DS, who usually is in school when I do the shopping, canNOT be still and canNOT be quiet.

I'm sure your kids are fine.

As for the Mac, my Quest has got pretty wet, and it's just fine. We have the rain shield, but one time the water started running down the back and collecting on the seat--in which DD was sitting. She commented that her bottom was getting wet! She was fine; the stroller was fine.

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

carolinamama
06-22-2011, 08:18 PM
If that's the worst of it - you are doing just fine as a mother. I had my boys in Whole Foods yesterday afternoon. They were absolutely horrid while I was standing right there by the cart. DS2 had to be strapped in because he kept grabbing things off the shelves and tossing them around, they were both yelling and squealing at eachother, and being generally disruptive. They wouldn't stop touching eachother. Then I am looking at some vitamins and I happen to look up to see DS2 grabbing a random woman's rear end from the cart and laughing. What on earth was that all about and where did he learn that behavior? On that note, we got out of there. I didn't care what else was on my list.

As for the stroller, I've hosed down mine and they are all fine and our Mac Quest has been out in the rain many times while we've traveled. Just make sure it dries well.

Hope tomorrow is better for you.

WatchingThemGrow
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Ugh, so sorry things went sour at the grocery. Thanks for the PSA about using the express lane grocery order though! Our grocery is charging $1.95 to gather all the groceries and meet you at the car with them. Need to put in an order tonight so I don't have to go through the hair-yanking thing myself tomorrow.

DrSally
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Hugs.
My first thought was "beating"? I'd call it normal sibling harrassment. Happens all the time, sometimes in public. Did you see my prev BP where my 2 were bickering and a woman walked past us and loudly said, "If they can't behave then you should keep them at home!". Boy was I P.O'd!

StantonHyde
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
WEll, there was the time when I hit my children with frozen food!!!!! Seriously. I was getting Lean Cuisines out of the grocery freezer. I had already put one kid on one end of the car and the other on the other end (not across from each other--we are talking the length of the cart here). As I turn around, I hear whining/fracassing and they are somehow stretching themselves out to butt heads!!!!! I just took the Cuisine I was holding and whacked one on the head and then the other and then tossed the meal in the cart! They were stunned. Stopped that--at least for 2 aisles :p

TwinFoxes
06-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't know what I expected, but that doesn't come close to horrid! Don't beat yourself up. :hug:

BabbyO
06-23-2011, 02:22 PM
Totally not horrid at all...

I'll share. DS is 2 and we just started putting him in his toddler bed (because he climbed out twice on Sunday). He's not really happy about the new bed situation and with his new found freedom chases us to the door at bed time. We leave, and he starts bawling.

Last night when I opened his door before I went to bed I found him asleep STANDING next to his bed with his head/torso lying on the bed, in a big wet spot from crying (or drool). I felt bad for letting him cry, but am not sure what else to do. The REALLY bad mommy part...I took a picture of it...it was too funny not to!

lhafer
06-23-2011, 02:51 PM
That's not bad at all. My 5 year old and 16 month old sit up in the front of the cart a lot when I go to the store (the car with 2 seats side by side). And occasionally they start slapping wars with each other. I have to remove the 5 year old and make her walk when that happens.

Not too long ago my 5 year old was being very rude and demanding. Just being a total brat and had been all day. We met my BBF and her kids at the park. Again, my 5 year old DEMANDED some water, which I had sitting in the stroller - perfectly within her reach if she wanted.

But I had had it. I looked at her and looked at the water bottle. I said "sure you can have some water". She walked over to me and I poured the water on her head!! She was mortified, and got SOOO mad at me!! But she understood she had just finally gone too far.