PDA

View Full Version : Micro vs. B-Agile vs. TFk Buggster vs. Starck

beltm
06-22-2011, 09:44 PM
This is what i've narrowed it down to for a travel and mall stroller for my super tall and long-torsoed 3yo, as these all have at least 20 inch seatbacks and canopy height of at least 25 inches. I have a BJCE for my all-terrain (i've been using it for mall, zoo, everything but travel). Don't want to travel with it as it's heavy and bulky and i am hoping that the push and ride on the above listed strollers will suffice for travel and sightseeing in theme parks. DS still will fall asleep in a stroller. I can't test drive any of these (and i realize i've posted about this before :wink2:) but i'm hoping you ladies can help me make up my mind. We will be TTC soon, so the stroller will get more use from baby #2 hopefully, so i don't mind investing in a quality second stroller. I have a Mac Triumph that i am looking to replace with one of these, as his head is above the seatback now and i don't love the push/ride.

Since it's for travel i think ideally i would like a one-hand fold, which the buggster does not have. The Agile has an automatic lock on it which means technically i would need two hands to open it, but i'm sure at an airport someone could unlock it for me if my hands were full. I am leaning towards the Agile. I would also like a one-hand push, which again the Buggster doesn't have.

I also have a Micralite Toro which i liked but DS outgrew it a long time ago (well before age 2). So i could sell that as well if i found a replacement stroller that i liked. I had gotten that as my one and only stroller not realizing DS would outgrow it so young. Since i have the BJCE and am getting another stroller as a lighter weight mall and travel stroller, i probably don't need the Toro, right?

Any help appreciated, thanks!

crl
06-22-2011, 10:55 PM
If you want to use it with a second baby, I would rule out the Micro due to it's lack of full recline. That would rule out the Starck too, right? I don't know anything about the other two, sorry. (If you want to consider other options, the Cybexes are tall and the Onyx and Callisto have full recline.)

Catherine

Kaylee31
06-22-2011, 11:18 PM
I love the look of the Buggsters, but it might not be ideal for travel.
I think the Starck will be the best travel stroller, and fit your 3 yr. old for quite a while. Plus it's such a great deal. But if your DS needs recline to sleep, I would go with the Agile I guess. (You can pre-order it right now from Albee Baby for $200 with 20% code pfathday2011).
The Toro is awesome for a smaller baby and it takes a bassinet and a riding board. If it was reversible, it would be a near perfect stroller. So I would probably hold on to it for a while, unless you plan on shelling out more money for something new & exciting when the time comes for another child.

beltm
06-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the advice. Really leaning towards the agile right now.

hellokitty
06-26-2011, 10:54 AM
If you don't like the triumph's push, you won't like the starck either. At least the triumph reclines too for a younger child, the starck has no recline and it is longer (folded) than a regular mac. I love it, but I like macs.

beltm
06-26-2011, 11:21 PM
If you don't like the triumph's push, you won't like the starck either. At least the triumph reclines too for a younger child, the starck has no recline and it is longer (folded) than a regular mac. I love it, but I like macs.

thanks for the input. i think i like the bigger wheels.