PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow! BJCMD!!!

ckelly
06-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Elite car seats is going out of business and these are $219 yo! Oh that I had the money right now!!! :( Maybe one of you all can take advantage...

http://www.elitecarseats.com/Baby-Jogger-City-Mini-Double-stroller.pro

mom3boys
06-22-2011, 11:38 PM
Well, I'm glad I sold my 3-year old BJCMD with a ripped underseat basket a couple of weeks ago before this deal came out . . . I would almost buy this just to resell it if I had the $$!

♥ms.pacman♥
06-22-2011, 11:50 PM
holy crapulence that is a great deal! hmmm...i do need an SBS double but i am trying to save up for a BOB Duallie...

ckelly
06-23-2011, 12:08 AM
I bit. Couldn't help myself. If I hate it I can easily recoup my costs on CL or Ebay!

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 12:10 AM
I am thinking of doing the same thing. Which color do you think is most "resellable?" I had the orange and gray before . . .

smiles33
06-23-2011, 12:17 AM
I just bought the black and am going to sell my red BJCMD. DH loves the stroller but hates red so this works out perfectly. They only had black, green and orange left. I would've loved to get the purple!

Anyone else who buys: if you decline the Parenting magazine offer, you can get a $9.99 rebate but I can't print from my iPad. If anyone can send me the address/screenshot/form, I would be very grateful. I thought I could go back to the page after paying (I didn't want it to go out of stock) but it's gone now. They also don't offer any customer service now so I wasn't even able to email someone to ask.

ckelly
06-23-2011, 12:21 AM
I tried to convince dh to let me buy 3 and sell 2 and that would pay for mine! Buy 2 get one free! Lol...he thinks I'm crazy!

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 12:34 AM
I bought the black also. My old orange and gray BJCMD stained in the orange part--and the stains did not totally go away when I washed it so I thought black was the way to go. There were only 2 left in black (now one!) and 2 left in green when I bought it so I don't think this sale will last much longer . . .

Ckelly that is too funny but you are totally right--sell 2 of them for $100+ more then you paid and get yours free!

To the PP who asked about the rebate address-see if this works:

https://secure.nicheretail.com/checkout/payment.jsp?siteCd=ECS

I can't print mine out either as our printer is in our bedroom and DH is sleeping, hopefully can keep it up on screen and do it in the am.

smiles33
06-23-2011, 12:40 AM
To the PP who asked about the rebate address-see if this works:

https://secure.nicheretail.com/checkout/payment.jsp?siteCd=ECS

I can't print mine out either as our printer is in our bedroom and DH is sleeping, hopefully can keep it up on screen and do it in the am.

Thanks so much, but when I tried it just says I have an empty cart. When you do print it, can you let me know the address? I remember it said something like mail your invoice within 30 days and you can get the refund.

williams44
06-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Apparently, it pays to be pregnant and not be able to sleep! I've been planning on getting the BJCMD and have been trying to decide whether to get the 2010 because it's cheaper. Now I don't have to make that decision. This one is even cheaper than the 2010 ones right now. It looks like I got the very last one. Sorry!

I also couldn't print out the rebate. I hit print but it only printed the right half of the rebate information. It doesn't have part of the address, so it's not very helpful. If anyone else has it, I would appreciate it as well.

Thanks again OP!!

williams44
06-23-2011, 03:31 AM
I got the rebate info by pretending to buy something else. Here is the text:

Rebate Information
Your paid order includes a magazine subscription.

At no time will your credit card number be shared – this is a paid subscription with no hidden charges, obligations, or automatic renewals. You will not pay one penny more than your purchase price to participate in this magazine offer.

As an added benefit to shopping with us today, if you decide that you do not want a magazine and would like a rebate instead, simply send a copy of your order confirmation within 30 days of placing your order to: ValueMags – NR Program, 40 East Chicago Ave., #429, Chicago, IL 60610 and you will receive a rebate of $9.99. Make sure to include a copy of your confirmation e-mail and a print out of this page in your correspondence.

Your purchase authorizes us to forward your magazine selection to the publisher. Your name will only be shared with the magazine publisher for fulfillment of your subscription. Benefit available to “US Households Only”. One per household.

Please provide your name and address:

Name: _____________________________________________

Address: ___________________________________________

City/State/Zip: ______________________________________

Print Page

poohbear
06-23-2011, 07:19 AM
Figures - the one time I actually don't wake up in the middle of the night! Don't really need anything anyway ;)

WatchingThemGrow
06-23-2011, 07:27 AM
There are several amazing deals left on the site. I can't figure out anything we actually "need" and have room for in our house. Ugh!

ckelly
06-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Ok, whose looking for a P&T? Heres a dash with doubles kit and other extras!

http://www.joggingstroller.com/phil-and-teds-dash-buggy-package.pro

rms4698
06-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Darn! I would have loved that P&T!! Does anyone know of a place that will price match an out of stock item?

Thanks!

nbarrett78
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
I am so upset that I missed this! I have been looking at BJCMD. Does anyone know of any other good deals? Albeebaby.com has $299 on the 2010, but no deal on 2011. With that price difference, I keep wondering which one to get.

lyt202
06-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm upset I missed the $255 Terrain. At that price I would have bought it to compare to the BOB.

smiles33
06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
I got the rebate info by pretending to buy something else. Here is the text:

Rebate Information
Your paid order includes a magazine subscription.

At no time will your credit card number be shared – this is a paid subscription with no hidden charges, obligations, or automatic renewals. You will not pay one penny more than your purchase price to participate in this magazine offer.

As an added benefit to shopping with us today, if you decide that you do not want a magazine and would like a rebate instead, simply send a copy of your order confirmation within 30 days of placing your order to: ValueMags – NR Program, 40 East Chicago Ave., #429, Chicago, IL 60610 and you will receive a rebate of $9.99. Make sure to include a copy of your confirmation e-mail and a print out of this page in your correspondence.

Your purchase authorizes us to forward your magazine selection to the publisher. Your name will only be shared with the magazine publisher for fulfillment of your subscription. Benefit available to “US Households Only”. One per household.

Please provide your name and address:

Name: _____________________________________________

Address: ___________________________________________

City/State/Zip: ______________________________________

Print Page

THANK YOU, Williams44! I didn't even think of pretending to buy something again. You rock! :bowdown:

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Well, the differences I know of between 2010 and 2011 is that the 2011 have the PE boards in the back of the seat for extra support (less slouchiness), and also an "upright" strap so that the seat can be pulled more upright--haven't seen this in person though.

However, I think you can also buy the PE boards separately for like $10 a piece and put them in the back of a 2010 BJCMD--so really the difference would be that the seat can get more upright in the 2011. I guess you'd have to decide if it's worth the extra $130 . . .

Oh and if you get the 2011 you can get the purple color :)

kaitlyns.mom
06-23-2011, 02:23 PM
I ordered two of the strollers last night, one for me, one for a friend, and Elite sent me an e-mail just now saying my order was cancelled effective immediately. :( I sent an e-mail requesting an explanation. Bummer!

smiles33
06-23-2011, 02:38 PM
I ordered two of the strollers last night, one for me, one for a friend, and Elite sent me an e-mail just now saying my order was cancelled effective immediately. :( I sent an e-mail requesting an explanation. Bummer!

Oh no! What time did you order? I got my order confirmation at 9:17 pm PST but no other emails since then....I hope it ships!

ckelly
06-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Major bummer! No cancellation notice here yet...I guess we'll see...

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
That sucks! I didn't get any e-mail about a cancellation (yet)--what colors did you get?

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Oh no! I just got the e-mail--Mine got canceled too! :(

smiles33
06-23-2011, 04:14 PM
ARGH! Mine just got canceled too....

kaitlyns.mom
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I had ordered the green/gray and the orange/gray. I can't remember when I placed the order... probably 11-ish PST.

Sorry about the other cancellations... I wonder what went wrong?

smiles33
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Maybe they realized they couldn't sell it for that low? It was even lower than Amazon's $299 sale for 2011 BJCMD earlier this year. If they're going out of business anyway, they don't care that canceling orders upsets customers....

kaitlyns.mom
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Just got an e-mail saying the following:

We’re sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel your order. We are in the process of refunding your card. You should see a credit on your statement within a few days.

We experienced a systems error on June 22 and June 23 which resulted in a number of items being shown with incorrect pricing.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,
elitecarseats.com

poohbear
06-23-2011, 04:21 PM
I ordered something else that also got cancelled.

I'm thinking maybe things sold so well so fast, maybe they got greedy. They are going out of business, so they no longer need to be concerned about customer service...
Interestingly, the prices on the sold out items are still what they were when I ordered this morning, but they raised prices on everything still in stock...

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Just got this e-mail from Elite--I'm sure you will get it too (I had ordered the black, but it appears it doesn't matter)

"We’re sorry to inform you that we have had to cancel your order. We are in the process of refunding your card. You should see a credit on your statement within a few days.

We experienced a systems error on June 22 and June 23 which resulted in a number of items being shown with incorrect pricing.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Sincerely,

elitecarseats.com"

I guess the price really was too good to be true!

ETA: Sorry for the redundant post . . .

kep
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Ahhh, bummer. I was kind of hoping they would get more in stock, like they have been doing with the car seats. Guess it wasn't meant to be!

ckelly
06-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Cancelled here too :( Incorrect pricing, oy?!? Not sure I buy it. We'll see what happens when they relist them...

ckelly
06-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Whoa, just went to their fb page and people are MAD! Also, someone posted that Albeebaby had some car seats at similar prices for those who got their order cancelled and Elite called Albee "sketchy" right there on their fb page!!!

Sidney
06-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Whoa, just went to their fb page and people are MAD! Also, someone posted that Albeebaby had some car seats at similar prices for those who got their order cancelled and Elite called Albee "sketchy" right there on their fb page!!!

I can't find their FB page. Did it get shut down, or am I just being numb?

lyt202
06-23-2011, 05:37 PM
The FB is elitecarseats. Lots of unhappy people on there right now.

Sidney
06-24-2011, 11:37 AM
The BJCMD is now at $365.00.