PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Vista? What's a Fair Price

lmr1101
06-23-2011, 12:03 AM
This is similar to another thread on here now, so I'm also hoping to get some advice as well.
I have a 2008 UppaBaby Vista in very good condition. I also purchased the new canopy that extends so I'd inlcude both that one and the original.
My CL rarely has this stroller listed so I can't judge what is a fair price.

I'm hoping to sell this one and purchase a newer model to get all of the recent upgrades. (I found the 2010 Maya for $499 online - but if there are better deals out there, please let me know)
Any advice will be very helpful -- thanks in advance.

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM
Well, I would go check a CL where Vistas are a common appearance for some guidance--there are many on the NYC CL, for example, to get a price point. Compare to other 2008s for sale and also what extras they are including.

However, in NYC there are SO many that I think it drives the asking price down. In your case you may be able to ask for a little more since you're not competing with anyone else, but then just hope there is that ONE person who knows what the stroller is and really wants it but doesn't want to pay for a new one.

Alternatively, is there an adjacent CL that you could list on? I have listed things on the NYC Craigslist but alternatively the North Jersey CL (where I actually live). You'd think that NYC would be better because many more people would look at it--but it's SO big that I think sometimes new listings go unnoticed, also they are automatically removed after 7 days, also the geographic area is so large and many people don't have cars it may be hard to get the item, if they live in Brooklyn they don't want to go to NJ to pick up a stroller, e.g., but to coordinate with another NJ person is easy.

Case in point I listed a BJCMD on NYC Craigslist for a very good price--got only 1 response from some low-baller. Removed it and re-listed on North Jersey and it was a feeding frenzy--got like 7 responses in one day and sold it to the first person who contacted me, for asking price.

lmr1101
06-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'll search the bigger CL to see what others are listing their strollers for.
I am trying to be realistic and would probably be happy with just a few hundred, just not sure if even that is pushing the limit since my stroller only has the 3 positions and you'd have to get it modified to fit a rumble seat.

poohbear
06-23-2011, 04:23 PM
I'd say $300 tops.

mom3boys
06-23-2011, 04:28 PM
$300 sounds about right--but of course don't point out any limitations that have been improved on newer models--like the fact that it only has 3 positions while newer models have 4--the buyer should be doing their own research!

lmr1101
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
This is even better than I was hoping... we'll see what happens. I figured I couldn't expect more than $200 so even if I list it for $300 that would give me a little wiggle room.