PDA

View Full Version : Can I just whine?

crl
06-23-2011, 11:22 AM
I am sick. Nasty cough. Dh stayed home yesterday so I could go to the doctor. Came back with prescriptions for two inhalers and orders to take sudafed and do anything I could to reduce my symptoms (hot showers, etc.).

Today is ds' birthday. I promised I'd make him cake and we would make pizza together for dinner and that we could use his ice cream maker to make ice cream. Oh, and I promised to watch a neighbor's daughter today. And the dog desperately needs a long walk, poor thing. And ds ' party is on Saturday and I planned to make cookies as a favor, but I have been too sick to get it done. And we leave for vacation next week and I have got to get the house in general and the spare bedroom in particular cleaned up before we go because we have pet sitter coming to stay. And there is no way dh can stay home today--in fact he has already left for work. And he doesn't think he will be home in time to eat cake with us.

And all I want to do is stand in a hot shower. Poor, poor me.

Catherine

Fairy
06-23-2011, 11:37 AM
You need a :hug:

BabyBearsMom
06-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I hope you feel better soon!!!!

BabyH
06-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Can you call the neighbor, tell her you are sick, throw the dog a pig ear, find a babysitter for half the day and a maid service to come asap? In that order.... just for today? (I'm not a fan of those cleaning services, but it may help you just this once?)

crl
06-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Thanks you all. Fortunately the inhalers seem to be helping today. I borrowed a double stroller and took the girls and the puppy for a walk. And I emailed my favorite babysitter to see if she can come sometime next week to watch dd while I clean/pack.

I appreciate the sympathy and ideas!
Catherine

larig
06-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I'd bring you some soup. Hope you're on the mend soon

ThreeofUs
06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Oh, no! :hug: hope you feel better soon!

boolady
06-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Sorry you're sick on your birthday. Put the kids to bed on time (or early), take your nice hot shower, and get in bed. Clean up the spare room tomorrow, or better yet, when DH can help!

liz
06-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Hope you feel better soon! And good luck with packing. What a pain, esp when you are feeling sick.

crl
06-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks you all! Dh made it home for cake after all. Yay! And ds has been really grateful.

Catherine

crl
06-24-2011, 03:16 AM
Blech. Work up with a coughing fit and still coughing off and on despite the rescue inhaler. I am sitting on the floor of the bathroom breathing in steam to try to get it to stop. This has got to go away before vacation. I can't keep my kids up all night with my coughing.

Catherine