PDA

View Full Version : recs. for kid friendly food near El Capitan Theater in Los Angeles?

AnnieW625
06-23-2011, 12:34 PM
We are taking DD1 to see Cars 2 tomorrow at 10 am so will have to get lunch afterwards. Need suggestions for a sit down near there that is kid friendly and not expensive. It doesn't look to be too far from 3rd and Fairfax too so we could always do the Grove/Farmers Market too.

Thanks!

TwinFoxes
06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Well, it's now been over two year since I lived in LA, but what about Lucky Devils? It's kind of hipster, but the menu is very kid friendly.

If you're super hungry coming out of the movie, I wouldn't try to make it to the Farmer's Market. Saturday traffic can be bad in those areas because of all of the shopping districts.

Thatchermom
06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
It was really late by the time we were done last summer (my friend let us stay in extra time all by ourselves in the Fun Zone so REALLY late) so we were boring and ate across the street at CPK. They also validate for cheap parking at Hollywood & Highland, if that would be an advantage. Not very unique, but it works. I could ask her for rec's but she's single and her theory of "child friendly" may be a little iffy :)

There were some snackish things available at the Fun Zone last year (the only thing inside that was $ besides souveniers) if you were starving and wanted to make it farther away for a real lunch. I didn't really look at what they were offering, but I'm guessing it was carnival-ish junk as that would fit the theme.

Tenasparkl
06-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Go to The Counter. There's one not far from the El Cap on Sunset just west of Fairfax. Sit down, kid friendly, very yummy and reasonably priced. We eat there with my daughter all the time.

AnnieW625
06-27-2011, 01:18 PM
We ended up at Mel's Drive In on Highland and for diner food it was good. We sat at the counter, which DD loved. I wish our server would've been better, but she got less than a 20% tip. It worked for what we needed. I totally want to try the Counter next time we are in an area with one, but DD was getting tired and hungry so we needed something close by.

Beth24
06-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Hope you had a fun day! :)