PDA

View Full Version : Joggingstroller.com Cancellations

arivecchi
06-23-2011, 02:54 PM
Post here if your order was cancelled.
Are they cancelling all orders?

ckelly
06-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Cancelled here. If you want drama check out their fb page!

pastrygirl
06-23-2011, 05:47 PM
Cancelled mine.

arivecchi
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
I wonder what really happened here. It seems to have gone on too long for it to be a systems glitch.

strollerqueen
06-23-2011, 06:12 PM
I wonder what really happened here. It seems to have gone on too long for it to be a systems glitch.
Yeah, we were watching the sales late last night. It looked normal, except that the prices were low. A lot of people on StrollerSwap had their orders cancelled, too.

BabyBearsMom
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I got an email from them saying it was a pricing system error and they weren't honoring the price. Big thumbs down to them

strollerqueen
06-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Cancelled here. If you want drama check out their fb page!
The one on EliteCarSeat.com is even worse!

jacksmoma
06-23-2011, 07:40 PM
oh my goodness people are being so rude to them on FB! crazy! do people understand that that it is a real person who is working there....I feel bad for them, mistakes happen.

pastrygirl
06-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I'm super bummed mine got cancelled, but it's not the end of the world! I'm not going to bad-mouth them or anything. Target and Amazon have done the exact same thing -- pricing error, orders cancelled. It stinks, but it happens.

ckelly
06-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Im not sure what went on buy I'm not sure I'm completely buying the whole glitch thing. I guess whoever is running thr fb page is really fed up because there are some pretty rude comments from elite on there. I expect rude comments from disgruntled customers but not a company. They even called Albeebaby "sketchy" in a post. I guess seeing as they are going out of business they have nothing to lose...

RunnerDuck
06-23-2011, 08:42 PM
I know someone who is up in arms over an order for a Britax chaperone stroller being cancelled. Makes me think of the grat Target Marathon snafu of '08...

(I told her she's probably better off without that stroller anyway...)

The real issue seems to be a delay in refunding the money - I can see being upset over that.

lyt202
06-23-2011, 08:58 PM
I can see being upset about the refund but some of the people posting are going a little crazy. Seems to be a lot of the same people posting multiple times.

RunnerDuck
06-23-2011, 09:14 PM
yeah, people act like their life will never be the same again after this. makes me think of wyatt in super why and how he declares everything to be a super big problem. i hope that kid never meets any real adversity in life.

the target thing was the same way... i ordered, order was cancelled, but at those prices i suspected something was up so was not surprised and did not feign outrage. but some people went crazy.

Multimama
06-23-2011, 09:27 PM
My orders were cancelled. I feel bad about it and I don't really buy that it was a systems glitch because it lasted for a really long time, but I guess they must be cutting down on staff significantly (since they are no longer offering normal customer service) so I can kind of see how it's possible no one noticed.

I don't feel the need to lash out at the company. They are going out of business and the prices were very low. I think it should be obviously that there is always a chance an order won't ship when things are moving that fast and furious.

I am starting to think though that maybe bargain shopping isn't such a bargain. You save money, but it takes an amazing amount of time. How much is my time worth?

arivecchi
06-23-2011, 09:54 PM
I know someone who is up in arms over an order for a Britax chaperone stroller being cancelled. Makes me think of the grat Target Marathon snafu of '08...

(I told her she's probably better off without that stroller anyway...)

:hysterical:

poohbear
06-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Okay, but this is what the company wrote:

"EliteCarSeats.com Ummm, Crystal... don't take it personally... we're only human and our system had a glitch which included consumer fraud, that we stopped. Consumer fraud is a HUGE part of our business. People steal them and sell them on eBay... yep, its real. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused, it was glitched for less than 12 hours. Its only really fraud if we charged you a seat and you didn't get it... we didn't do that."

I ordered something and telling me I committed consumer fraud is pretty low IMO, and accusing customers of "stealing" them. Um, last time I checked, stealing means taking something without paying for it. Not buying something at a super deep discount. They are liquidating, which means that I believed they were trying to get rid of their product, so why wouldn't they discount to 50% off? Plus many people have not gotten their money back. Bad way to go out IMO...

I get the feeling that they didn't realize things would sell like hotcakes and got greedy thinking they could raise prices and people would still buy from them. If that's the case, shame on them.
Strange glitch to make all of your prices 50% off and then have the items that did not sell out go back up in price but still have the items that are out of stock remain at half price....

I'm not terribly disappointed that I didn't get my item - no biggie, but I don't like how they're handling it one bit. But maybe that's why stores like diapers.com and csn with their great customer service survive and stores like this do not.

ETA- http://www.facebook.com/elitecarseats

whoever is writing their facebook page should probably be terminated. Down the page they said albeebaby is a sketchy site. Um, hello pot, this is kettle - you're black!

arivecchi
06-23-2011, 10:10 PM
Of course Albee is sketchy according to them. It, along with other sketchy sites like diapers and amazon, put them out of business!

ashleybama24
06-23-2011, 11:04 PM
yeah, people act like their life will never be the same again after this. makes me think of wyatt in super why and how he declares everything to be a super big problem. i hope that kid never meets any real adversity in life.

:rotflmao: There are some mornings I can barely handle that show but it's better than Cat in the Hat....or Sid the Science Kid.

Kaylee31
06-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Of course Albee is sketchy according to them. It, along with other sketchy sites like diapers and amazon, put them out of business!

Yeah, and unlike them, Albee will honor a price even if it is the result of a glitch. Yesterday morning, I ordered a stroller from them w/a code that usually never works on that particular brand. The glitch was fixed shortly after, but the order went through .
I find the whole "glitch" issue w/JS & ECS pretty shady. Most of the items were 50% off (but not all); which did not seem unusual if they were trying to move their inventory quickly. I looked at the site a few times last night and saw the quantities left of some strollers update, so that was working. The issue doesn't seem to be that they don't have the stock to fulfill the orders; they just decided not to let it go for that cheap after all. It's a shame that they are going out of business; but they made it much worse by disappointing so many people on their way out.

Kaylee31
06-23-2011, 11:15 PM
:rotflmao: There are some mornings I can barely handle that show but it's better than Cat in the Hat....or Sid the Science Kid.

Or the Wonder Pets, or Backyardigans...I have banned them. Thank goodness for Netflix, and Superwhy, Dora, & Diego on Demand. :p

poohbear
06-24-2011, 08:29 AM
Yeah, and unlike them, Albee will honor a price even if it is the result of a glitch. Yesterday morning, I ordered a stroller from them w/a code that usually never works on that particular brand. The glitch was fixed shortly after, but the order went through .
I find the whole "glitch" issue w/JS & ECS pretty shady. Most of the items were 50% off (but not all); which did not seem unusual if they were trying to move their inventory quickly. I looked at the site a few times last night and saw the quantities left of some strollers update, so that was working. The issue doesn't seem to be that they don't have the stock to fulfill the orders; they just decided not to let it go for that cheap after all. It's a shame that they are going out of business; but they made it much worse by disappointing so many people on their way out.

:yeahthat: but they are still showing the wrong prices. So they can use their system to charge people and cancel all the orders, but not to change prices? And it says out of stock for all the mountain buggies and BOBs still (with the 50% off prices)

ashleybama24
06-24-2011, 08:39 AM
Or the Wonder Pets, or Backyardigans...I have banned them. Thank goodness for Netflix, and Superwhy, Dora, & Diego on Demand. :p

Or Sesame Street!

Multimama
06-24-2011, 09:08 AM
Uggh. I feel worse about not getting my stuff today. I really wanted it! They had my order, had my money, and had my stuff and then just decided not to sell it to me. Even though their website says all sales are finally. Totally annoying.

I really don't think it was a glitch because yesterday on their facebook page someone was complaining that the prices went back up and they definitely acted like *that* was a glitch and said "Sorry you didn't get your bargain, but some people got great deals." Or something like that.

But not the end of the world. And certainly not TV drama. :)

mrspeachykeen
06-24-2011, 09:52 AM
What I find strange though is the number of people whining that their kids won't get their birthday present or that they really need these car seats since they've outgrown the old one. Car seat for a 1st birthday present? Really you waited until they outgrew a seat and need it yesterday? I understand buying and complaining about not having the refund yet to buy another seat, but the whole complaining that kids were now in unsafe seats isn't ecs's problem.

scriptkitten
06-24-2011, 10:07 AM
wait... what did everyone order? i blinked and missed the frenzy!

ckelly
06-24-2011, 10:14 AM
BJCMD was on clearance for $219 is what I tried for. :(

TxCat
06-24-2011, 10:24 AM
Okay, but this is what the company wrote:

"EliteCarSeats.com Ummm, Crystal... don't take it personally... we're only human and our system had a glitch which included consumer fraud, that we stopped. Consumer fraud is a HUGE part of our business. People steal them and sell them on eBay... yep, its real. Sorry for the inconvenience it caused, it was glitched for less than 12 hours. Its only really fraud if we charged you a seat and you didn't get it... we didn't do that."

ETA- http://www.facebook.com/elitecarseats

whoever is writing their facebook page should probably be terminated. Down the page they said albeebaby is a sketchy site. Um, hello pot, this is kettle - you're black!

I don't even understand that company response. A glitch that "included consumer fraud... Consumer fraud is a HUGE part of our business." :confused: People buying things at low prices listed by the business isn't fraud on the part of the consumer. And what business model is built on consumer fraud? ("consumer fraud is a huge part of our business"). Weird.

Sorry to everyone who had their orders cancelled.

Multimama
06-24-2011, 10:35 AM
Car seat for a 1st birthday present?

I gave my kid a bike seat and helmet for his first birthday present. He still loves it over a year later so it was a great gift. :)

I don't even understand that company response. A glitch that "included consumer fraud... Consumer fraud is a HUGE part of our business." :confused: People buying things at low prices listed by the business isn't fraud on the part of the consumer. And what business model is built on consumer fraud? ("consumer fraud is a huge part of our business"). Weird..

This is how I read that: Elitecarseats.com used to be a very popular website. But once diapers.com came in with all their huge discounts and free return shipping and Amazon started matching that then Elitecarseats couldn't compete. I think they also feel that people buy stuff super cheap from sites like amazon and diapers and then put them on Ebay for cheap (but still a profit), and super cheap stuff on Ebay also digs into the profits of sites like Elitecarseats.

I don't really see how this is fraud exactly, but I think that is what they are talking about. They feel that the huge influx of people buying their reduced merchandise couldn't possibly be because all those people needed those things, but because they planned to buy them and then sell them for more elsewhere, thus in a way defrauding Elitecarseats (because the consumer gets the profit instead of the retailer). I think this does happen when their are very low prices and this is probably why if amazon has a pricing glitch my understanding is they will ship out the first *one* that you ordered, but won't fill multiple orders from the same buyer. Elitecarseats could have chosen to do something like that. Or they could have done what Baby Earth does with Baby Gaga Deals, which is limit purchases to one per customer to begin with. But since they are going out of business they really don't have to be nice.

I do think it's offensive to accuse customers of fraud.

Multimama
06-24-2011, 10:40 AM
As far as Albee being sketchy. It seems to me that Albee routinely has their coupon codes working on excluded merchandise. This happens pretty much every time they release a coupon code for the first day or two. This doesn't seem like it can be a glitch since it has been going on for as long as I've been shopping at Albee and is very known. So I'll go out on a limb and say, yep, I agree, it's sketchy. :)

If I were ECS I'd be pissed because Albee signs agreements with these retailers saying they won't put coupon codes on them and then they do it anyway and just "Oops, we did it again." ECS doesn't do that and then they can't compete with Albee, which they also feel is one of the reasons they are going out of business.

I do think it's completely unprofessional to say things like that on a business Facebook page and it's a shame they are making such a mess of their reputation right at the end. But I'm not sure they are completely wrong about Albee. It is sketchy.

RunnerDuck
06-24-2011, 10:44 AM
What I find strange though is the number of people whining that their kids won't get their birthday present or that they really need these car seats since they've outgrown the old one. Car seat for a 1st birthday present? Really you waited until they outgrew a seat and need it yesterday? I understand buying and complaining about not having the refund yet to buy another seat, but the whole complaining that kids were now in unsafe seats isn't ecs's problem.

When the great Target Marathon fiasco took place I read someone complaining that they are x months pregnant with triplets and now how are they going to afford car seats? Well what was your plan 2 days ago before this sale popped up? People act like they have been banking on these prices all their lives and they are somehow owed something. No one is any worse off than when they woke up 2 days ago knowing nothing of the sale. Yes it is mean and bizarre and a disappointment but so long as people get their money back - which I understand is still in the air - life does go on.

Multimama
06-24-2011, 10:49 AM
When the great Target Marathon fiasco took place I read someone complaining that they are x months pregnant with triplets and now how are they going to afford car seats? Well what was your plan 2 days ago before this sale popped up? People act like they have been banking on these prices all their lives and they are somehow owed something. No one is any worse off than when they woke up 2 days ago knowing nothing of the sale. Yes it is mean and bizarre and a disappointment but so long as people get their money back - which I understand is still in the air - life does go on.

That is especially bizarre since it's very unlikely that Marathons would come even close to fitting newborn triplets! Probably all for the best that plan didn't work out. :)

TxCat
06-24-2011, 11:02 AM
I gave my kid a bike seat and helmet for his first birthday present. He still loves it over a year later so it was a great gift. :)

This is how I read that: Elitecarseats.com used to be a very popular website. But once diapers.com came in with all their huge discounts and free return shipping and Amazon started matching that then Elitecarseats couldn't compete. I think they also feel that people buy stuff super cheap from sites like amazon and diapers and then put them on Ebay for cheap (but still a profit), and super cheap stuff on Ebay also digs into the profits of sites like Elitecarseats.

I don't really see how this is fraud exactly, but I think that is what they are talking about. They feel that the huge influx of people buying their reduced merchandise couldn't possibly be because all those people needed those things, but because they planned to buy them and then sell them for more elsewhere, thus in a way defrauding Elitecarseats (because the consumer gets the profit instead of the retailer). I think this does happen when their are very low prices and this is probably why if amazon has a pricing glitch my understanding is they will ship out the first *one* that you ordered, but won't fill multiple orders from the same buyer. Elitecarseats could have chosen to do something like that. Or they could have done what Baby Earth does with Baby Gaga Deals, which is limit purchases to one per customer to begin with. But since they are going out of business they really don't have to be nice.

I do think it's offensive to accuse customers of fraud.

Thanks for the explanation. That makes a little more sense, but it still seems like a big leap/mischaracterization to describe this situation as "fraud". I realize the company has nothing left to lose at this point, but it seems like an unnecessary war of words to get into, especially with a lot of legitimate customers.

mrspeachykeen
06-24-2011, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Multimama;3178847]I gave my kid a bike seat and helmet for his first birthday present. He still loves it over a year later so it was a great gift. :)

Car seat and a bike seat are very different things. My daughter loves her bike trailer as well that I got for mother's day. Car seat is more necessity and not really a gift for a 1 yr old.

RunnerDuck
06-24-2011, 11:12 AM
[QUOTE=Multimama;3178847]I gave my kid a bike seat and helmet for his first birthday present. He still loves it over a year later so it was a great gift. :)

Car seat and a bike seat are very different things. My daughter loves her bike trailer as well that I got for mother's day. Car seat is more necessity and not really a gift for a 1 yr old.

A car seat comes in a really big box, therefore making it a PERFECT gift for a 1yo. :ROTFLMAO:

People are still just whining, though.

Multi- good point about the seats not even fitting! LOL

arivecchi
06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
People are whining and the retailer is whining. It's a big ol whine fest!

Multimama
06-24-2011, 12:52 PM

This is kind of OT, but I am 100% fine with giving necessities for birthday presents to a 1 year old. They aren't even going to remember their birthday and really the box and the wrapping paper are going to be the most fun parts no matter what you give them. :) But I also wouldn't act like their celebration was ruined if I didn't get whatever necessity I wanted to give them super cheap.

People are whining and the retailer is whining. It's a big ol whine fest!

True story. Maybe this is therapeutic for ECS. They finally get a chance to rip off all the customers they feel having been ripping them off and then when the customers complain they get to b&tch right back. Probably a dream come true for a lot of disgruntled business owners.

vonfirmath
06-24-2011, 01:54 PM

My son got his Marathon as a 1st birthday present. What's wrong with that?

strollerqueen
06-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Waxing philosophical here, but...Do you think there are some relationships that are just plain adversarial by nature? Like landlords and tenants? Home sellers and home buyers? Car dealers and customers? Retailers and consumers? i.e. one side is trying to get the most money possible for their product, and the other side is trying to pay the least money possible.

Multimama
06-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Okay, I just read the comments on the Facebook page. I really don't want to "like" them to comment, but have to get a few things off my chest.

First of all, to the woman who complained that her bank account was empty because they charged her card: Your bank does that if you use a debit card to make a purchase so that *they* can guarantee the funds will go through when the charge does. It is called a hold. It is not something that ECS did. The bank will give you the money back when the charge doesn't go through. You can read about this procedure on the ECS's own website where they explain the difference between making a purchase with a credit card vs. a debit card.

Second, to the woman who said the carseat she bought was the only seat that could keep her 37 inch, 30 lbs child rear-facing because she has found no other carseats that can be used past 36 inches. That simply isn't true. A MyRide will fit most 37 inch 30 lbs children very well and cost about what you paid for this other seat (which I'm just guessing was a Radian). Just saying.

poohbear
06-25-2011, 08:19 AM
My thoughts:
I think if you only have $300 in your bank account, you shouldn't be spending all of it on a carseat. Get a Scenera, they work great and then you have money for groceries too. No one NEEDS a Britax or Radian or BOB or Mountain Buggy. (I also get annoyed by the WTB ads/sob stories for Bugaboo on my CL saying that they want the best for their baby but can only afford to spend $200 on a Cam. A Bugaboo isn't the best for your baby. Taking care of your baby is the best for your baby. Buy a Graco, your baby will be fine. But I digress...)

I understand people being upset, I was disappointed when I got a cancellation notice (ordered something for a friend), and slightly miffed that some people are still getting their orders and I'm not (I don't begrudge the people getting their orders - I think it's great, I'm just bummed that I'm not)

Their facebook writer is incredibly rude and insensitive. Since they seem to be transitioning to a new business, this is not good PR.

mom3boys
06-25-2011, 11:31 AM
(I also get annoyed by the WTB ads/sob stories for Bugaboo on my CL saying that they want the best for their baby but can only afford to spend $200 on a Cam. A Bugaboo isn't the best for your baby. Taking care of your baby is the best for your baby. Buy a Graco, your baby will be fine. But I digress...)

Not to get off topic, but this reminds me of a recent CL post I saw where a woman said she had a 3 yo and was expecting a new baby, and couldn't afford a double stroller, so would somebody please donate . . . a B-Ready. What?? First of all, there are very few B-Ready's even for sale on CL, and more obviously, you're asking for someone to give you a FREE stroller, and it needs to be a B-Ready? Take what you can get! (Oh, and with a 3 yo you may not even need a double!)

RunnerDuck
06-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Those kind of ads drive me crazy.

And I really love it when i am trying to sell something and I get replies with sob stories asking if I will give them the item for free. Umm, no.

Baby on the Run
06-25-2011, 12:45 PM
As being a retailer, I can sympathize a little with what joggingstroller and elitecarseats is going through, although do feel that there rudeness is unwarranted. If a mistake was made, then so be it, and do your best to live up to it, but if you can't, at least be very apologetic about it.

Being a small retailer and having to deal with company's like Albee, diapers.com and amazon is extremely challenging. They are always putting out codes that offer significant discounts and that does take business away from the small retailers as we don't do the same volume as they do and people are always looking for a deal these days. We all sign the same retailer agreements with the distributors, however they in my opinion turn their heads to these larger players as they also like the volume. Not something that is going to change any time soon unfortunately.

The unfortunate thing in the end is that a company is going out of business, and as more time goes on unless there is a change in how people shop, a lot more of these smaller shops will. That is the real tragedy here.

poohbear
06-26-2011, 11:09 AM
As being a retailer, I can sympathize a little with what joggingstroller and elitecarseats is going through, although do feel that there rudeness is unwarranted. If a mistake was made, then so be it, and do your best to live up to it, but if you can't, at least be very apologetic about it.

Being a small retailer and having to deal with company's like Albee, diapers.com and amazon is extremely challenging. They are always putting out codes that offer significant discounts and that does take business away from the small retailers as we don't do the same volume as they do and people are always looking for a deal these days. We all sign the same retailer agreements with the distributors, however they in my opinion turn their heads to these larger players as they also like the volume. Not something that is going to change any time soon unfortunately.

The unfortunate thing in the end is that a company is going out of business, and as more time goes on unless there is a change in how people shop, a lot more of these smaller shops will. That is the real tragedy here.

I agree with this. But I saw a letter they sent that said they're not actually going out of business, just establishing a new business at tip toe turtle.
No matter what, treating customers rudely is never okay IMO, whether you're staying in business or going out of business....

Plus. they still haven't fixed the price on the item I ordered (it's just showing as out of stock at the price I ordered it at). A glitch is something that should be easily fixed. Obviously not in this case....

Baby on the Run
06-26-2011, 10:52 PM
I agree with this. But I saw a letter they sent that said they're not actually going out of business, just establishing a new business at tip toe turtle.
No matter what, treating customers rudely is never okay IMO, whether you're staying in business or going out of business....

Plus. they still haven't fixed the price on the item I ordered (it's just showing as out of stock at the price I ordered it at). A glitch is something that should be easily fixed. Obviously not in this case....

Well that is a very different story if that is what they are saying. I thought this was already a Tip Tow Turtle company? maybe I was wrong. Totally agree on the never treat customers rude. A glitch is something that should easily be fixed, I agree, so who knows what the heck is going on with them.

poohbear
06-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Well that is a very different story if that is what they are saying. I thought this was already a Tip Tow Turtle company? maybe I was wrong. Totally agree on the never treat customers rude. A glitch is something that should easily be fixed, I agree, so who knows what the heck is going on with them.

I guess they formed it? Kind of confusing (so tip toe turtle is staying in business but elite is folding?), but here's the text of the letter:

Dear EliteCarSeats.com Customer,

When I became a new dad in 2000, the difficulty of finding real advice and reviews beyond the manufacturer's gibberish frustrated me. I needed comparisons and tools to shop for my specific needs, and these just weren't out there.

With my mission in mind, I created TipToeTurtle.com, a family of websites including EliteCarSeats.com, among many others. TipToeTurtle.com comes from the crazy beginnings of parenthood, when everything is new, exciting, and sometimes a little scary. With detailed reviews and clear comparisons, you'll learn which parenting gear will work for your growing family.

Click to explore TipToeTurtle.com - we feature products handpicked to meet your family's needs. Should you have any questions, our Concierge Service is waiting in the wings to take your call. That's right...a real person with expert advice is ready to speak with you from our warehouse in quaint Sylvan Lake, Michigan.

We've been copied all over the place, almost on a daily basis, but we find it flattering, and it keeps us on our toes.

Parenting gear for your growing family, only at TipToeTurtle.com

Bradley Sorock

Founder of TipToeTurtle.com

Thanks again!
EliteCarSeats.com
2240 Greer Blvd
Sylvan Lake, MI 48320
http://www.elitecarseats.com
1-800-891-3857
[email protected]