PDA

View Full Version : LE backpacks

bubbaray
06-24-2011, 12:38 AM
LE has its back to school backpacks and lunchboxes on the site. They also have a 25% off + FS coupon right now. I ordered so that DD#1 isn't disappointed with the color selection.

*myfoursons
06-24-2011, 08:27 AM
Thanks, I've been meaning to pick one up and keep forgetting.

mikeys_mom
06-24-2011, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the reminder. I have been meaning to order for next year.

Melissa - what size are you ordering for your DD1? My DS has the Classmate small-haul from a few years ago. It has been the perfect size so far and is still in decent shape but I'm wondering if I should consider ordering him a bigger size for next year.

bubbaray
06-24-2011, 01:18 PM
I ordered her the pink butterfly Classmate (http://www.landsend.com/pp/FloralClassMateStudyHaulBackpack~224132_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::TRI&CM_MERCH=IDX_Girls-_-BackpacksLunchBoxesLuggage&origin=index). She saw the print and fell in love. I also ordered a purple heart smallhaul (http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-404453_AL.html?amp;CM_MERCH=REC-_-FPPP-_-GGT-_-2-_-404453-_-404444) for DD#2 (who isn't even allowed to take backpacks to daycare, but *I* loved it soooo much!)

I'm not sure its the right size, but she wants a bigger one that last year's Featherlight 100. I guess as long as I don't stuff it full, it should be OK. The Featherlight 100 is in between the Smallhaul and the Classmate in terms of dimensions. I really liked it, but DD#1 did NOT like the zippers (see reviews).

ETA: And they are shipping to Canada via UPS during the postal strike

mikeys_mom
06-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Thanks! The sizing information is helpful. DS really could care less about colour or pattern as long as it's blue or red. He's perfectly content using his current one another year but I'm not sure if it's going to be big enough. I might just order the next size to have for when he needs it. Plus, for camp, they need to bring a ridiculous amount of stuff everyday and it might be easier in something bigger than stuffing it into the smaller bag.

I'm going to get DD1 the smalhaul Classmate - she's still deciding on which one she wants. She is the exact opposite of her brother :).

It's the lunchboxes that kill me every year. I have yet to find something that is a good size and DS won't ruin halfway through the year.

I was meaning to see how they were shipping now. Good to know if I order it will actually make it here quickly.

bubbaray
06-24-2011, 01:38 PM
I ordered both of my girls the Classmate lunchboxes, they look huge. They also have bottle pockets right on the lunchbox, which is great for DD#2 (I only take her lunchbox & Funtainer to daycare daily).

I wish they had the Classmate lunchbox in the same heart pattern as the Smallhaul backpack, but oh well. Hopefully DD#2 won't notice (I did get the same color).

FWIW, we had the Featherlight lunchboxes this year and they still look brand new. There is a tiny tear inside of DD#2's (like 1/2 a cm), but that's it. I could totally use them again next year, but I figure why not new ones?? Support the economy and all that!

Costco also has larger lunchboxes in the Roots line. I know tons of the kids at DD#1's school use those backpacks (which are huge on me!) and lunchboxes. I could fit DD#1 into the backpack, so I'll stick with the LE ones for now. Also, we've done LLB backpacks before, but I prefer the LE ones b/c they have the bottle pockets on the side.

mikeys_mom
06-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I finally decided to order the Blue Camouflage Classmate for DS. It's totally not my choice of colour but not offensive enough that I care to overrule his sense of style. I looked at their sizing guidelines and it says the Classmate is appropriate for kids over 4 feet tall. DS is around 4.25 feet so I figure it should be fine.

I ordered him the matching Classmate lunchbox. Per their dimensions, it's actually the same size as the one he was using this year which seemed big at first but was a good size for him in the end.

DD1 also picked the Smaulhaul one with the purple hearts. I agree that it's super cute! She said that she is still happy using her Princess lunchbag from last year and it's in perfect shape so I guess I'll stick with that for now.

I've also seen lots of kids around here with the Roots backpacks and lunchbags and they do look huge. My kids walk to school so I like to make sure they don't carry anything too big or heavy and I'm always afraid that if the bags are too big, then they will load them up with more than they can handle. DS destroys absolutely everything so if his old LE backpack survived almost 3 years of constant use, I am now sold on the quality of their backpacks. Hopefully the order will get here before camp starts next week, otherwise they will have to use their old bags for the first few days.