PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Double Strollers... Help!

MariP
06-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Hi!
I need serious guidance here... DD is 16 m/o and our new nanny brings her 8 m/o son to our house 3 days/week. This arrangement is working great, but now we are thinking about buying a double stroller so nanny may take the kids to the park etc. She is not comfortable with using carriers, so the d stroller is the way to go.

We have two options:
- I buy an inexpensive d stroller
- Nanny and I buy a stroller that could be used as a single or a double and split the cost (Nanny is open to this idea since she is currently looking for a stroller for her son).

I will not have any use for a d stroller in the future as DD will be an only child. I already have a micralite toro (which I love btw) but DD is too young to use thier rider.

Any suggestions???
Thanks!

Mari (DD 3/10)

Kaylee31
06-24-2011, 09:30 PM
What is your budget? Will she be using it mostly outside then, or putting the stroller in her car often?
If it would be for outside only, I would look for a used AT double on CL. An MBUD (Mountain Buggy Urban Double) would be awesome for this purpose, and you can sometimes get a great deal on a used one. Nothing beats air tires for outdoors, which I'm sure you know having used the Toro. :)
If the terrain your nanny will be walking on is not too rough, and if the strollers will be used indoors too-- I would go with the BJ City Mini double. It will do ok outdoors, has a great canopy, deep recline, good push, etc. You can get a 2010 BJCMD for $300 from Albee Baby, or look for a used one. Resale will be good when you no longer need it too.

jacksmoma
06-24-2011, 10:15 PM
i'd just get a used double bob or something on CL since you only have one child. you want air tires so it pushes well to the park and you can just leave it open outside :)

ashleybama24
06-24-2011, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't split the cost. If for whatever reason you let her go or she quits then you have to decide who gets the stroller and who pays the difference. That could be messy. I would find an inexpensive double. You can always sell later or save it for future children!

gamma
06-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I would get a used Phil & Teds off of Craig's List. You could have a nice AT single to use for your LO and then pop the extra seat on for her baby when she uses it. The extra seat is also great for extra storage for bags and coats at the zoo and amusement parks.

arivecchi
06-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I would get a used Phil & Teds off of Craig's List. You could have a nice AT single to use for your LO and then pop the extra seat on for her baby when she uses it. The extra seat is also great for extra storage for bags and coats at the zoo and amusement parks.:yeahthat:

MariP
06-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks ladies!
I am looking at the Phil and Teds and the BJCM double... I live in the city (small condo) and the thought of having to store a big double stroller scares me. Has anyone seen a britax b ready in person? It seems to me like something to consider as well.

Mari (DD 3/10)

ashleybama24
06-26-2011, 06:40 PM
I have the B-Ready. I love it but not for outdoor use...for that I prefer air tires. It is also a little bit heavy to push on unsmooth surfaces when you have two toddlers.