PDA

View Full Version : Remember the thread about the family jogging with a Maclaren?

blondflava
06-24-2011, 02:36 PM
A few days ago, as I was driving through my quaint town, I saw a very peculiar sight, a man riding a bike alongside his older son who was running trying to catch up, with a backpack (he looked 7-8). On top of the handlebars there was perched a baby boy who seriously couldn't be older than 1. His butt was hanging right in front of his dad, and he was leaning against the dad's chest, looking like he was about to fall in. Do I need to mention no helmets? I was bewildered, never in my wildest dreams I'd even think THAT was possible...

arivecchi
06-24-2011, 02:43 PM
:47:

What?

WolfpackMom
06-24-2011, 02:44 PM
Maybe they weren't from the US? This is not entirely uncommon in some countries...

crl
06-24-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm trying to imagine the back story. Let's see, they had a crucial appointment for immigration paperwork. The car battery died. Mom was in a fender bender on the way to pick them up. . . .

Catherine

marymoo86
06-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Maybe they weren't from the US? This is not entirely uncommon in some countries...

I saw a dad with his maybe 2 yo riding on a bike with her on his shoulders one day.

:nodno:

jacksmoma
06-24-2011, 10:17 PM
my thought too- maybe from somewhere else. i know it's super common all over the world to just pop your kids wherever they can fit so you can get wherever you've got to go! toddlers in your lap on electric scooter...whatever!

Kaylee31
06-24-2011, 11:18 PM
my thought too- maybe from somewhere else. i know it's super common all over the world to just pop your kids wherever they can fit so you can get wherever you've got to go! toddlers in your lap on electric scooter...whatever!

When I hear things like this, it reminds of the scene in the movie Babies-- when the Mongolian parents take their newborn son home on a motorcycle. :eek: The mom just swaddles him up and hops on the back. Wowsa!