PDA

View Full Version : My kids are addicted to Hanna PJs

arivecchi
06-24-2011, 04:47 PM
What did I get myself into?

I recently bought them their first Hanna long johns and they are hooked.

Now they only want to wear the "soft" PJs. :banghead:

Do they sell these at the outlets? I may have to go on a PJ mission to the Indiana one.

WatchingThemGrow
06-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Only go if they have mama pjs in stock as well. I tell you, *I* am more addicted to mine than my kids are to theirs. My kids wear basically nothing else but Hanna LJs in the winter and SJs in the summer. We get used ones when we can b/c they are even softer.

larig
06-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Are they too big for the Costco ones?

Melanie
06-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Awesome. Welcome to the family. ;) I recently got them for about $18 (plus shipping, sadly) during an outlet sale. There is an outlet sale right now, in fact, so it doesn't hurt to see what they have. Shipping is the same price as the catalog. Michigan City is really friendly and helpful. Avoid Lake Oswego . Also, while the prints are much softer than most brands, the stripes are even better!

theriviera
06-24-2011, 06:00 PM
DD1 is so addicted that the pjs are also her loveys :)

kristenk
06-24-2011, 06:21 PM
Sadly, DD is "over" LJs. I have quite the stock built up, too. I hate to commit to cleaning them out of her drawer, but I should probably do it and get rid of her outgrown ones too, while I'm at it.

I miss her in LJs. :( sniff, sniff

lchang25000
06-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Addicted here as well! I've bought LJs at the outlets for $10-$20, mostly in the $17.50-$20 range. Prices are decent online right now and you can get free shipping with orders of $100 or more.

AnnieW625
06-24-2011, 11:25 PM
Yes they sell them at the outlets. I haven't paid more than $20 for them. I bought a pair on Ebay too. A close second are the cotton Carters pjs sold at Target in two packs.

jenrub
06-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Sadly, DD is "over" LJs. I have quite the stock built up, too. I hate to commit to cleaning them out of her drawer, but I should probably do it and get rid of her outgrown ones too, while I'm at it.

I miss her in LJs. :( sniff, sniff

When did she start wearing LJs instead of the sleepers and outgrowing LJs if you don't mind me asking? Which one is more appropriate when they're a year old in terms of diaper changes and for them to be comfortable in?

kristenk
06-25-2011, 10:28 PM
When did she start wearing LJs instead of the sleepers and outgrowing LJs if you don't mind me asking? Which one is more appropriate when they're a year old in terms of diaper changes and for them to be comfortable in?

DD slept in footed sleepers from The Children's Place while she was in diapers. I think that we switched to LJs when she was *totally* out of diapers (maybe not night-trained, but I doubt that).

Keep in mind that the products most likely have changed in the past, um, 7 years or so, but I didn't like the HA one-piece sleepers (what were they called???). I liked that TCP sleepers were footed and I preferred the TCP zipper location.

citymama
06-26-2011, 01:08 AM
I think size 90 was our "golden" period, when DD not only refused to wear any others to sleep, she wouldn't take off her LJs during the day! She wore them to preschool! Alas, starting last year, she favors thin, hand me down TCP and Carters PJs with girly prints, or HA nightgowns over the LJs. Her size 110 and 120 LJs are lying pretty much unused while the TCP pjs get more ratty by the day. The funny thing is I bought her sz 90 LJs at the outlets for $15 each back in 2007, but paid $20-25 for the more recent ones! The only way she will wear LJs is if DD2 is wearing a matching zipper. So: don't stock up too far ahead!

I'm so glad I have DD2 to dress in zippers and LJs!

My HA LJs are also lying unused as I find them too fitted. I should list them on swap. My Boden PJs otoh - love love love!:heartbeat: I just ordered some more from the Fall preview - they are sooo comfy and cute!

lovebebes
06-26-2011, 01:41 AM
i must be weird. I touched HA pj's at our Nordstrom for the first time and was totally confused because Id always thought they would be uber soft and instead they seemed so rough to me. Without exaggerating -If id brought them to my girls they would refuse them.
I suppose im spoiled by splendid and the like...:bag:bag:bag

citymama
06-26-2011, 02:00 AM
i must be weird. I touched HA pj's at our Nordstrom for the first time and was totally confused because Id always thought they would be uber soft and instead they seemed so rough to me. Without exaggerating -If id brought them to my girls they would refuse them.

They actually get softer with every use/wash. Theres something about the way theyre made, they literally get softer each time, especially the colored stripes. Modal (Splendid) and bamboo (Kicky Pants) are soft and silky and lightweight but not as breathable, durable or cozy as the Hanna organic cotton. Petit Bateau is the only brand I think is as good or even better because it's 100% cotton and lightweight and very soft. But I think Hanna wins in terms of looking new and ready for the next kid to use after 100s of washes.

mypa
06-26-2011, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=citymama;3180503]I think size 90 was our "golden" period, when DD not only refused to wear any others to sleep, she wouldn't take off her LJs during the day! She wore them to preschool! Alas, starting last year, she favors thin, hand me down TCP and Carters PJs with girly prints, or HA nightgowns over the LJs. Her size 110 and 120 LJs are lying pretty much unused while the TCP pjs get more ratty by the day. The funny thing is I bought her sz 90 LJs at the outlets for $15 each back in 2007, but paid $20-25 for the more recent ones! The only way she will wear LJs is if DD2 is wearing a matching zipper. So: don't stock up too far ahead!

My DD is the same way! Loved wearing her HA PJ's when younger (she would even pick them out) but in the middle of wearing 90's she absolutely refuses them. I should add that she is refusing all PJ's at the momment and would much rather sleep in tank dresses. On the rare occassion she wears PJ's she picks out the thinner girly ones like the First Years Carter's from Target.

However, DS loves his HA PJ's (original loose fit).

mickminmom
06-26-2011, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=citymama;3180503]I think size 90 was our "golden" period, when DD not only refused to wear any others to sleep, she wouldn't take off her LJs during the day! She wore them to preschool! Alas, starting last year, she favors thin, hand me down TCP and Carters PJs with girly prints, or HA nightgowns over the LJs. Her size 110 and 120 LJs are lying pretty much unused while the TCP pjs get more ratty by the day. The funny thing is I bought her sz 90 LJs at the outlets for $15 each back in 2007, but paid $20-25 for the more recent ones! The only way she will wear LJs is if DD2 is wearing a matching zipper. So: don't stock up too far ahead!

My DD is the same way! Loved wearing her HA PJ's when younger (she would even pick them out) but in the middle of wearing 90's she absolutely refuses them. I should add that she is refusing all PJ's at the momment and would much rather sleep in tank dresses. On the rare occassion she wears PJ's she picks out the thinner girly ones like the First Years Carter's from Target.

However, DS loves his HA PJ's (original loose fit).

DD is in 120s and still chooses LJs even on and off through the summer...She does switch off with Disney princess short set pjs and will often mix the tops and bottoms between the Disney and the LJs.

I bought mostly gender neutral patterns or stripes in order to pass down to DS. Recently, I bought 2 pairs during the LJ sale in 130 but if she won't wear them maybe DS will...If not, I can always return them....Love, love, love HA return policy!

I stopped stocking up so much during the big sales once she turned 4 and had much, much more opinion about what to wear.

carolinamama
06-27-2011, 07:27 PM
This has happened to us too with DS1. DS2 hasn't really expressed a huge preference yet. It's funny, but half the time they are wearing Christmas Hannas because I either paid full price for cute Christmas jammies or got them cheap.

lchang25000
06-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Did you touch the printed ones or the striped ones? The striped ones are uber soft. I try and avoid the printed ones since they are rougher on the outside.

lovebebes
07-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Did you touch the printed ones or the striped ones? The striped ones are uber soft. I try and avoid the printed ones since they are rougher on the outside.

the printed...