PDA

View Full Version : What's with some CL sellers?

alien_host
06-24-2011, 05:26 PM
I saw an ad that listed a bunch of stuff w/ a few pics. There was a phone number to call to arrange a time to see the stuff. They also listed other items. I called to ask about one of the items that wasn't pictured or priced. The woman asked how much I wanted to pay...well her description was so vague ("Lego"). So I poitely said, well do you have a picture or list of the Lego items? She said it was too much trouble to do pictures. I politely said, "how do you expect me to offer a price if you don't explain to me what it is you are selling?"

I said I was willing to come by and see the stuff (since that is what the ad mentioned). She said it was "too much trouble to take the stuff out unless I gave her a price".

I'm sorry but I'm not a mind reader, I have NO idea what exactly you have for sale in that area....weird.

anonomom
06-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Yeesh. At that point, I'd be tempted to offer her $1. Probably not the best way to start a negotiation, though.

alien_host
06-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeesh. At that point, I'd be tempted to offer her $1. Probably not the best way to start a negotiation, though.

I'm not sure why she listed Lego and other toys if she didn't want to actually put effort into selling those! Good luck selling your items lady!

Literally she wrote "Lego" and nothing else...that could be 1 brick or 100. She wouldn't say what she had! I'm not trying to be a high maintenance buyer but I do have my limits ;)