PDA

View Full Version : pls. recommend your toddler inflatable travel bed

musicalgrl
06-24-2011, 05:28 PM
DD (2 years old) is too big for a pack 'n play and almost too big for a hotel crib. Since she's not in a bed yet at home, I was thinking that something on the floor would be best for travel. Does anyone have an inflatable toddler bed that they really like? I know Aerobed makes one - was just wondering if there are others out there that are as good or better. And naturally I'm looking for a good deal. Thanks!

azazela
06-24-2011, 05:47 PM
We have (and love) the kids Aerobed. If you're not in a rush and watch Amazon, you should be able to get a decent price on it. It comes with its own pump and inflates/deflates very nicely. I also like that it has ridges at the sides to prevent roll-off when the kiddos are little.

Swimfreak78
06-24-2011, 07:12 PM
We have the kids Aerobed as well - We love it! Got ours at LL Bean because we love the satisfaction guaranteed. They are having a big sale this weekend plus free shipping (always).

larig
06-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Very timely thread!!
I also saw this one at amazon--I liked that I could use regular sheets.
http://www.amazon.com/Shrunks-Tuckaire-Toddler-Inflatable-Travel/dp/B001EQ66WK/ref=pd_sbs_hg_1

Can you use regular sheets with the aerobed one? Our costco had the aerobed version in store recently--I seem to recall it was about $60. The LLBean option is really tempting, then we can just ship it to our destination...

I like to buy things that have the BBBers stamp of approval!

sewarsh
06-24-2011, 07:24 PM
i don't know the namebrand, but costco had one on clearance when i was there yesterday - i think it was for $30, but can't remember. it definately was not an aerobed.

lisa928
06-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Not inflatable, but have you seen before. They worked well for my twins when we were between a PnP and a real bed.

http://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Cot-Portable-Royal-Blue/dp/B000H1MRJO/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1308960900&sr=1-1

Swimfreak78
06-24-2011, 08:28 PM
Very timely thread!!
I also saw this one at amazon--I liked that I could use regular sheets.
http://www.amazon.com/Shrunks-Tuckaire-Toddler-Inflatable-Travel/dp/B001EQ66WK/ref=pd_sbs_hg_1

Can you use regular sheets with the aerobed one? Our costco had the aerobed version in store recently--I seem to recall it was about $60. The LLBean option is really tempting, then we can just ship it to our destination...

I like to buy things that have the BBBers stamp of approval!

Yes, regular sheets. I did twin sheets on top of the matress pad which is a soft one with stars. Crib sheets were too small.

nfowife
06-24-2011, 08:42 PM
My big DS was in a pnp until 3.5 on trips. How big is he that she doesn't fit? She is still pretty young.

septmama2b
06-25-2011, 08:43 AM
We have had he Aero bed for about a year now for my almost three year old giant toddler. He figured out how to climb out of the PnP very quickly. I love it, quick to inflate and deflate. Will handle the abuse of toddler boy wrestling. Because it has the bolsters all around it he rarely gets out of it. We take it on all of our trips. I'll be getting a second one for his brother soon.

pjsmom30
06-25-2011, 12:20 PM
We had a Ready-Bed, it was Thomas themed. It was wonderful! Easy to set up, small enough to fit in tight places. We used it in hotel rooms, in cottages and at Gramma's house.

mimosa
06-25-2011, 03:30 PM
We used a kid's areobed with DS1 for years, starting when he was about 2and it was great! Very fast and easy to set up and take down, and big enough that he didn't outgrow it too quickly.

Haven't travelled nearly as much with DS2, but he's not really happy in a pack & play at this point, so we will probably be getting out the aerobed for our next trip.

fortato
06-25-2011, 03:48 PM
The Kids Aerobed is phenomenal! My 7 year old nephew slept on it comfortably... I love the cover for it, and it stayed inflated for their entire trip, with no refilling needed!

geochick
06-25-2011, 04:25 PM
We used a kids' Aero Bed for our annual trek to Mexico for three years in a row. The third year we got there, we pulled it out of the bag, and it wouldn't hold air. Sad. If you get one, don't count on it to be a many year investment. It was great for the first 2 years!

cono0507
06-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Another vote for kids aerobed. My 6 yr old still sleeps on his when we travel. We've had them for 3+ years now and they get a lot of use. Also handy for home when we have guests with kids or overnights, etc.

zukeypur
06-26-2011, 11:47 AM
I've never had an aerobed, but we just got a peapod plus for our hotel stay tonight. I hope DD3 stays put.

cucaw30
06-27-2011, 03:25 PM
I've never had an aerobed, but we just got a peapod plus for our hotel stay tonight. I hope DD3 stays put.

I was looking into a peapod. Let me know how it works out!

BayGirl2
06-27-2011, 07:09 PM
We have a peapod plus too. Haven't actually gotten DS to sleep in it yet - but we also haven't gotten him out of the crib/PnP/Portacrib, even though he is getting pretty big. We're working through the toddler bed transition right now, so the next trip may involve the PeaPod. It seems comfy cozy to me and kids seem to like that its a tent.

essnce629
06-27-2011, 07:14 PM
The PNP manual says not to use once your child weighs 30lbs, is 35" tall, or can climb out. DS2 just turned two last month and is 36" and can climb out so we stopped using it. At 36" he's pretty much touching from head to toes anyways. I stopped using it with DS1 at the same time.

We are ordering the inflatable Tuck-Me-In Travel Bed this week for my mom's house. I ready every negative review about the kids aerobed and lots of people complained about the bed being SUPER noisy whenever the kid made the slightest movement. The Tuck-Me-In bed didn't seem to have that complaint and I like that the top is covered in flocking instead of just being vinyl like the aerobed. My mom's house doesn't have air conditioning and I think the vinyl not being covered (even under a sheet) would make it sweaty. I wouldn't buy a regular air mattress without flocking for the same reason.