PDA

View Full Version : Finding Pajamas For Older Kids

ECMom
06-25-2011, 12:24 AM
I'm having problems finding pjs for my DS who is 9 yrs. He's too old for character pjs and doesn't like designs like HA/Boden. I've bought him Carter's in the past (sports designs) from Kohls but are sold out in the larger sizes. Any suggestions on where to look? I've looked online at Gap, Gymboree, Kohls, Amazon, LL Bean, Lands End. What do you due for pjs for your older DS's?

crl
06-25-2011, 01:52 AM
I just bought ds some boxers and pj pants from The Children's Place and some undershirts from the Gap. Hopefully he will like these.

Catherine

cairo06
06-25-2011, 03:11 AM
The Carter's website also has the larger sizes available. That's were I buy fleece ones for my DD.

hillview
06-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Target?

SnuggleBuggles
06-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Summer= boxers and t-shirts (not pj specific, just t-shirts we own). Winter= PJ bottoms from places like Target and ON with a shirt or fleece from LE or TCP.

Beth

Gena
06-25-2011, 09:57 AM
In the summer, DS sleeps in cotton boxer shorts and t-shirts (underwear shirts). In the winter, he sleeps in long-John sets. However, for really cold nights he still likes one piece fleece pjs and Sears sells them in big boy sizes.

He does have a few pj sets, mostly that he got as gifts from relatives. They have sport designs or vehicles and are usually from JC Penny.

jvs195
06-28-2011, 07:44 PM
We do boxers (size up) and tshirts or pajama pants and tshirts mostly (we have Gymboree gymmies but most are too juvenile for my taste) and a pair of hanna short johns. The bottoms are from ON, Gap, TCP. Sears had some good Joe Boxer pjs that we are almost outgrown on, but they are decent.

SpaceGal
06-29-2011, 12:58 AM
I found DS1 some Old Navy ones that are superhero sort of...I found them on clearance and snatched them up. Going forward (he's six now) I noticed not as many nice looking or too cutesy PJs so when I see stuff that's neutral and comfy I grab them. If I can't find anything then maybe just boxer shorts and sweat pants and comfy soft Ts.

Thatchermom
06-29-2011, 01:42 AM
We do soft (and cheap) knit shorts and tees from places like Kohls, Target or Walmart. Often there are a bunch out right now with Americana/Sports stuff printed on them for less than $5/piece. I buy a bunch and he mix/matches. In the winter we trade out for flannel or fleece pj bottoms and plain long sleeve T's.

stefani
06-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Children's Place. I usually buy a few from Asia when we travel there, but his "American" PJs mostly come from The Children's Place.

egoldber
06-29-2011, 07:34 AM
I like to sleep in knit shorts and t-shirts and I have finally succeeded in convincing both my girls this is the way to sleep! :cheerleader1:

Both of them have a plethora of t-shirts from various summer camps and vacations, so we always have a ton.

ECMom
06-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I've been buying sets for so long it didn't occur to me to think otherwise. I'm assuming I can't find them because not many companies make them for older kids. I guess they are uncool!