PDA

View Full Version : Did the right thing and it went well!

Uno-Mom
06-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Do you ever see someone wearing a baby un-safely and feel too scared to say something? You know, that feeling that it will piss somebody off, you'll look like a self-righteous meddling jerk, and it won't do any good anyway? I have once or twice. And then I felt terrible.

Well today I actually did speak up and they weren't even mad! Maybe because she wasn't actually wearing her baby. It was at a g-sale today. They were selling one of those recalled Infantino slings with with thick padding.

I apologized to the lady and said I didn't want to be nosy, but did she know that was the famous recalled sling? She was taken aback: "really??" I said, I'm sure she was totally careful when she used it, but selling at a g-sale it could go to somebody who would use it carelessly... (yeah, stretching the truth I know).

She was totally cool and I actually saw her put the sling into their trash can! Wow, I was suprised.

wellyes
06-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Good for you and good for her, too.

LMPC
06-25-2011, 09:00 PM
:thumbsup: Well done!!!

DebbieJ
06-25-2011, 09:31 PM
Great job! I saw a 2004 car seat at thrift store and when I gave it to an employee and told them it was expired, they looked utterly dumbfounded. I sure hope they threw it out.

blue
06-26-2011, 12:21 AM
Good for you for saying something :thumbsup: ..... and good for the lady for being receptive to what you said :thumbsup:

citymama
06-26-2011, 12:58 AM
Nice work!