PDA

View Full Version : Klean Kanteens paint

KpbS
06-26-2011, 12:24 AM
Anyone have this problem with the paint chipping off the bottom of their KK? I ordered a couple in March for my DC and within a couple of weeks the bottom of the KK had paint chipping off. Now a good amount of paint is missing. My kids have not been rough with them and our table surface is wood and at school it is a laminate. I'm disappointed. Anyone else have this problem?

DietCokeLover
06-26-2011, 12:33 AM
I've heard others talk about it, but we've been fortunate. I think Melaine had that issue and called customer service with good results. You might try that.

kaharris83
06-26-2011, 03:59 AM
I've never had the paint come off from setting them down or dropping them. I always handwash ours. DS has however chewed the paint off the bottom of some of his.

daphne
06-26-2011, 07:42 AM
The paint has chipped off on all of the bottom of ours. There are also a few spots where the paint has chipped on the side, most likely from bumping into things. I'm not bothered by it, though.

Canna
06-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I would say, no, not to the point that I have defined it as a problem. We have on Kleen Kanteen that is approx 3 years-old and from Lands End - it has a kind of metalic pink finish to it rather than the more creamy looking paint. It has some scratches, chips, maybe a dent from a drop etc. but it still looks okay. We have 2 other regular Kleen Kanteens in light pink that have been used approx every other day in DD's snack for one year and while each may have a couple of paint chips off the bottom, I think they've held up pretty well. I would not say in the case of any of our three that I feel like the paint is just falling off or that they haven't lasted as well as I might have expected. I think they've been great.