PDA

View Full Version : Natural treatment for yeast infection?

dukie41181
06-26-2011, 01:33 AM
Anyone have ideas? I think I have a yeast infection and don't have an OB for a prescription. I'd prefer a natural treatment anyways. Bombard me with ideas!

Thanks!

RunnerDuck
06-26-2011, 01:04 PM
If it's internal some people have had luck inserting things like yogurt of cloves of garlic. If it's external, I had success once just sponging the outside with strong salt water. Not 100% sure it was yeast, though, but it was when I was younger and mortified at the idea of going to a doc for such things or god forbid buying monistat LOL

dukie41181
06-26-2011, 09:29 PM
I've done a few salt water baths and it feels improved tonight. I may try the yogurt if it gets worse. I'm not 100% its yeast either. I dud Monistat or Vagisil or whatever several years ago and it got a lot worse so I'm not doing that again! :)

Tondi G
07-11-2011, 01:51 AM
I would get some probiotics to take right away. I really like the Jarrow Femdophilus

http://www.jarrow.com/product.php?prodid=391

solsister
07-17-2011, 11:06 PM
Coconut Oil saved me! After a long, snowy winter, we spent about two weeks in wet swimsuits. I had a yeast infection for weeks. I started using Coconut Oil and it went away in 2 days. GONE. I would just get some out of the jar with my fingers, swipe it on to some toilet paper and wipe it on the itchy area. Toss the paper, wash my hands, etc. I used it probably 3 times a day. Upon waking, mid-day and then right before I went to sleep. Give it a try. Hope it helps!

It's magic stuff. I use it for so many things.

doberbrat
07-18-2011, 11:33 PM
this is my favorite website for yi. https://www.msu.edu/~eisthen/yeast/diy.html

I use acv & hydrogen peroxide mixing in a few drops of gentian violet and tto as a douche. I've also used the gv on a tampon. And I've been using a special "salad dressing" on my salads/vegies. I take an empty bottle of salad dressing and add 1/2 bottle of acv and 5-6 cloves of crushed raw garlic making sure to get the juice etc into the bottle. I also add it to my ham sandwiches. *knock wood* havent had a yi since I started w/the garlic dressing. :)