PDA

View Full Version : Would you jog with a Duo? (still on the search for a stroller)

Mamasyl
06-26-2011, 08:03 PM
I still haven't bought a new stroller. I just checked out an 09 Indie Twin today off CL - the push was reasonable, but not quite what I think I am looking for. I took our single Indie out for a jog this week and it rolled well but definitely a two-handed Push. I didn't think I would be running, but, here I am.

Priorities: something that fits standard doorways, double. Good in urban environment, used outside 90%, in to shops etc downtown. I keep thinking I might not need a double, but DS1 always wants/needs to ride for a good portion of the walk. Part of me wants a single BOB :D but I can't run with two, and DS1 can't keep up with me on his bike when I run. Tempting to put my older one in the footwell, but not up and down curbs or running. More practical than the Bumbleride for everyday single stroller use for me :D but would not substitute for a good double.

I have: babytrend expedition double jogger, Bumbleride indie, peg one-handed umbrella-ish I forget the name of, and a $15 cosco umbrella. I would sell the babytrend, since it doesn't fit downtown. and if I got a bob single I would sell the Bumbleride. And I can't get a duallie because it won't fit anywhere...

abh5e8
06-26-2011, 11:59 PM
for running, you need a fixed front wheel and a handbreak. does the Duo have those? we ended up getting an older model BJ preformance series and use it just for running. its awesome for that...but otherwise it lives in the garage. i have a P&T i use for my double everywhere else.

poohbear
06-27-2011, 07:42 AM
My guess is that you will run into the same problem jogging with a duo as the indie. They are not designed for jogging/running.

You can jog with a BJ Summit or a BOB Revo. Neither have fixed front wheels but you can lock the front wheel. I wouldn't jog with anything that had smaller than 16 inch wheels in back. They are both wider than a standard doorway.

If you are doing serious running, you will want a fixed wheel/hand brake.

You may want to keep your indie and look for a cheap used BJ or BOB on CL...

arivecchi
06-27-2011, 11:47 AM
I've jogged with my Duo on ocassion. For example, yesterday I had to run from the store home because our pizza arrived earlier than expected. :D

It was fine. It has rear suspension so it is doable. I did not lock the wheels, t the front wheels can be locked.

However, if I were a regular runner, I would want a jogger with a fixed wheel and larger rear wheels. Those running doubles are pretty cheap on my CL. I would try that.