PDA

View Full Version : When used in 'double' mode? Which is better Vista or B-Ready?

riri101
06-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Some people on here said they didn't like the push on the vista with the rumble seat - so is the Britax B-ready or the vista better when used with the second seat?

poohbear
06-27-2011, 08:02 AM
It is my understanding that if you want a "true" double, the B-Ready will be better because it's second seat is an actual seat. If you just want to have an extra seat just in case (I think the rumble seat fits in the basket), then the Vista is good.

I'm sure someone else will chime in who has used them. (I only have the vista but no rumble seat)

swissair81
06-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Disclaimer: I have never used a B-Ready. I have maybe seen a single once. So I tell you that the Vista is not a true double, but is rather a seat of convenience. If I think my baby isn't going to nap while we are out, I will sometimes put her in the back so the seat isn't so back heavy (which it kind of is). What I'm basically trying to say is that I have no car double- so the Vista is as good as it gets for me. I would have bought the Vista over the B-Ready anyway because of the bassinet. My other current version of a car double is my MB Swift and a Mei Tai. I know I'm very sophisticated.

So basically (if you're still following my sleep deprived rambling), it depends on personal taste.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-27-2011, 08:24 AM
like swissair i don't have a "true" double either, just the Vista, which for now is good enough. i too was deciding between a B-Ready and a Vista when i was preggo with DD. i liked the Vista bc it had the bassinet (which we used a TON for my DD up until recently). Also, i just liked the wheels of the Vista way more.

ashleybama24
06-27-2011, 09:23 AM
I also think it depends on your age gap. I have had both but only the B-Ready in doubles mode. I think with a newborn and toddler that rides 100% then the B-Ready is the better option. It has more configurations and is more of a true double. You can put your newborn in the second seat, bassinet, or even car seat so there are TONS of options. It also closes forward or rear face and with the second seat attached where the Vista can only be folded with the seat facing forward.

If you have a newborn and an older toddler who can walk, ride on a board, and sometimes ride then the Vista is a better choice. The Vista has a better push and I like that it has 4 (vs 3) seat positions. There are only 3 configurations in doubles mode but if you are mainly using it as a single it doesn't matter.

With that said my DS wasn't a fan of the Vista but claps when he sees me getting the B-Ready out to put in the car. Not sure if it is the color, he loves green, or if it is more comfortable but it is also the FIRST stroller he has ever slept in!

GvilleGirl
06-27-2011, 09:56 AM
I love the B-ready as a double. I agree that it depends on the age of the kids. I had two under two and it worked great. I loved that the bottom seat could recline and be used from birth. It allowed my DD feel like she was in a single, and nobody was trying to DS. because of the full recline I didn't feel like I had to get the bassinet. I also didn't buy the carseat adapter, but my Chicco fit snug on all sides for short distances. My 2yo loves both seats. Oh, and the ability to access the basket from all sides when you have it as a double is great!

One thing I didn't like when comparing it to the vista as a double was that both kids face the parent as a double with the vista. When we are out at the zoo or long walks she likes to look at what is coming.

Candyshop1999
06-27-2011, 11:14 PM
BReady. Hands down. No contest. I have both and HAD a BJCS. I have twins, so I needed a stroller that would always be in doubles mode. The plastic tires look bad, but they handle no differently than the Vista. It's either air or it's not! (I use a Bob for everything outside).
BR has a better main seat, rumble seat that reclines with a visor, steers better one-handed and folds with everything on. The Vista has to come apart I to 3 pieces....UGH.
The Maya is just too pretty to part with though.....