PDA

View Full Version : Doubles dilemma

swissair81
06-27-2011, 08:23 AM
My youngest 2 are 10 months and 2.5. The 2 year old is a serious street runner. My doubles line up includes a MB Duo- which does NOT fit in the trunk of my car. I also have a Vista with RumbleSeat- which folds in 3 lovely pieces (and is a serious PITA to put together and take apart for every single errand). I am keeping the Vista as a reversible and a carriage, as we are still planning on having more. I have had a BJCMD twice this year, and sold it twice because pushing it is hard for me (I have a really bad back). Question is- should I shut off my stroller lust and leave it alone and keep my lineup as it is? Should I sell my Duo and get a Duet? Or should I get a Duet for my car and keep the Duo for outside? When answering this question- assume money is no object (even though it is.)

Kaylee31
06-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Is the Duet really going to be that much smaller than the Duo when it's folded? I really think having both would be redundant. Have you considered a P&T like the Vibe2? Seems like it would push better than the BJCMD, and would fit in the trunk, unlike the Duo.

blackiris
06-27-2011, 11:08 AM
I would sell the Duo and get a different air tire double that will fit in your car, such as the bumbleride indie twin. I don't think the duet will fold much smaller than the duo (I think I remember seeing a pic comparing their folds).

wellyes
06-27-2011, 11:12 AM
Love my BJCMD and Duo combo.
The Duet's nice but $600 for a car stroller is over-the-top for me.

arivecchi
06-27-2011, 11:22 AM
Is the Duet really going to be that much smaller than the Duo when it's folded? I really think having both would be redundant. Have you considered a P&T like the Vibe2? Seems like it would push better than the BJCMD, and would fit in the trunk, unlike the Duo.
:yeahthat:

My thoughts exactly. I would try the Vibe2 or an Explorer even though I am not crazy about the looks of the Explorer.

swissair81
06-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Is a P&T and a Vista redundant? I should probably mention that dd3 HATES facing me (unlike DS, who still likes it) which makes the doubles part kind of useless. I can't sell the Vista though. I need the carriage part.

swissair81
06-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I would sell the Duo and get a different air tire double that will fit in your car, such as the bumbleride indie twin. I don't think the duet will fold much smaller than the duo (I think I remember seeing a pic comparing their folds).

Thanks for the suggestion. Unless the Indie Twin is a completely different stroller than it was in 2008, it's not going to work. I couldn't sell mine fast enough.

swissair81
06-27-2011, 11:43 AM
Love my BJCMD and Duo combo.
The Duet's nice but $600 for a car stroller is over-the-top for me.

I know what you mean. I think the price tag for it is insane. For some reason, I think I'm going to be carrying my baby a lot in the future. I don't think anything really works.