PDA

View Full Version : Any recommendations for an impending cold?

BabbyO
06-27-2011, 11:55 AM
So we took DS to a pool party yesterday at the local Y. I'm not sure if it was because of the pool/humidity/potential bacteria, etc or just because DH and I pushed ourselves a lot this weekend, but both of us have sore throats, green/yellow mucus, and my left ear is killing me.

Any recommendations on what I can take to make this thing go away now? We have DS' 2nd birthday party and 30 people showing up at our house on Saturday. I'd prefer to not feel totally crappy. I'm 28 wks so I know my options are limited, and my usual go-to's are all off limits.

DebbieJ
06-27-2011, 11:56 AM
I'd start taking Vit C and Zinc, drinks LOTS of water, and get as much rest as you can.

waitingforgrace
06-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Lots of water and rest are the best/safest. You might want to ask your doc though because my midwife gave the ok for plain old sudafed at night to help dry up the mucus and help me sleep. Hope you feel better.

ashleybama24
06-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Sort of sounds like you might have an infection and I would go to the doctor. If the snot wasn't colored and your ear didn't hurt I would say follow PP's advice. Better to be safe than sorry!

BabbyO
06-27-2011, 12:47 PM
Sort of sounds like you might have an infection and I would go to the doctor. If the snot wasn't colored and your ear didn't hurt I would say follow PP's advice. Better to be safe than sorry!

Yeah...I'm thinking it might be an infections, too. Seriously...how did this happen so quickly. I was tired yesterday, but not feeling poorly.