PDA

View Full Version : What has been the best stroller recommendation you have gotten here?

arivecchi
06-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I have two.

I have to thank swissair for showing me the light and giving me the confidence to buy a MB Duo.

I also have to thank poohbear for clueing me to Al, even thought I thought he was stuffy and boring at first. :tongue5:

Your turn.

legaleagle
06-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Probably the Starck. I thought it looked so weird but it's so awesome in person.

Beth24
06-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Arivecchi's recommendation for Terry!

scriptkitten
06-27-2011, 01:52 PM
the sunshine kids caddy and the stroller hooks that arivecchi told me about.

TwinFoxes
06-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Whomever recommended the BJCMD (my first post was what stroller to buy!)

And of course OP's recommendation to get my P&T classic (a SBS with air tires). On sale at Diapers.com for under $200 shipped! A pricing error they honored. :)

Kaylee31
06-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I have to thank Arivecchi for introducing me to the unwieldy, but otherwise completely fabulous Terrain. :)
Thanks to numerous ladies for recommending the BJCM, and of course to poohbear for finding me a deal last summer. :bowdown:

Beth24
06-27-2011, 02:07 PM
the sunshine kids caddy and the stroller hooks that arivecchi told me about.

Oh yes, that too!!

swissair81
06-27-2011, 02:08 PM
I have to thank OP for her rave reviews of Swifty.

And I have to thank all the enablers who gushed about Al incesssantly for his presence in my garage.

I have to take responsibility for the rest of my lineup. I'm just hopeless.

WatchingThemGrow
06-27-2011, 02:09 PM
well, when I read about it here, it was the bjcsd, but when it emerged from the factory, they called it the bjced. It has been a workhorse for us for 3.5 years.

Did I tell you guys that the squirrel that got trapped in the van ate part of the parent console where some leftover food was stashed? I guess the yummy seatbelt holding DS1's carseat in wasn't filling enough.

♥ms.pacman♥
06-27-2011, 02:14 PM
the UppaBaby Vista, from several people here who have it. I love it.

and yes, definitely the Sunshine Kids caddy.

crl
06-27-2011, 02:59 PM
The 2009 Cybex Onyx from overstock. What a steal at $65!

Catherine

jugglinglemons
06-27-2011, 03:04 PM
Cybex Callisto from overstock... it has been fantastic.... after having like 5 different strollers with my first two children I only ever bought this one stroller with my 3rd and have been totally happy - he is now 18 mos. I hardly spent any money and got exactly what I needed.

Hoping to add the Starck to the list, since I just bought my lightweight car/travel stroller based on recs here and it's on its way! Can't believe what a great price that was either!!

Okay, now I'm googling the sunshine kids caddy - that looks great! I might have to get that for the Starck ;).

arivecchi
06-27-2011, 03:26 PM
I forgot the awesome 7am enfant rec from scriptkitten! Love that thing! :)

I :heartbeat: Terry too and have marymoo to thank for that. I think she posted the legendary zulily/mb sale.

ETA: Found it!

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=375303&highlight=zulily

Best thread evah!

nbarrett78
06-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Sunshine caddy? Stroller hooks?
Can someone fill me in? I so need to look into this stuff.
Oh, and I got the BJCMD from help with the reviews here. Now if it would just GET here, I could tell you all about it!

arivecchi
06-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Oh, and I got the BJCMD from help with the reviews here. Now if it would just GET here, I could tell you all about it!

Stroller hooks:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=think+king+stroller+hooks&hl=en&cid=4322693732462660525&ei=l_EITun-NI-EwQWclamgCA&sa=title&ved=0CAwQ8wIwATgA#p

Caddy:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=sunshine+kids+buddy&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=16129952281291423780#

mackmama
06-27-2011, 05:37 PM
I :heartbeat: Terry too and have marymoo to thank for that. I think she posted the legendary zulily/mb sale.

ETA: Found it!

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=375303&highlight=zulily

Best thread evah!

I have many on here to thank for my intro to strollerdom and specifically to Terry. It was definitely Arivecchi :bowdown: who pushed me over the MB edge in the infamous Zulily thread. I just reread the thread and was surprised to see that I almost got Swifty instead of Terry LOL. It was fun to read the thread again. My heart started racing all over again just like it did when the sale was going on. I was such a spaz trying to figure out which MB to buy as my inaugural stroller purchase. :bouncy:

arivecchi
06-27-2011, 05:54 PM
LOL! I re-read that thread again as well today! Fun times!

I especially loved my first post in it. What an addict. :ROTFLMAO:

As I said in the thread, you went straight for the creme de la creme! ;)

mackmama
06-27-2011, 06:00 PM
LOL! I re-read that thread again as well today! Fun times!

I especially loved my first post in it. What an addict. :ROTFLMAO:

As I said in the thread, you went straight for the creme de la creme! ;)

That was such fun. Still loving Terry! :love5:

roseyloxs
06-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Probably the Starck. I thought it looked so weird but it's so awesome in person.

:yeahthat: I left the Starck in Chicago but now that I have seen my Topaz again I wish I had brought the Starck with me. Its a better compliment to my Bee which I should also thank this board for. I will switch out the Topaz and Starck next time I am in the states. The Topaz will be a great do it all stroller for Chicago since it has a great push and recline but is also small enough to fit in a sedan.

elektra
06-27-2011, 08:21 PM
I have had so many great recs it's hard to pinpoint the very best. I suppose it would be the swift followed by the hitch hiker. That setup gets used the most. Thanks to arivecchi and poohbear for the rec and help finding the deals. :)

poohbear
06-27-2011, 08:43 PM

I actually like these hooks (thanks lhafer!)
http://www.amazon.com/Hook-Stroll-Stroller-Accessory-Black/dp/B00158DS0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309221610&sr=8-1
They are plastic rather than metal (I worry about metal since my kid has a tendency to run into things), and they swivel which is nice.

I think nmstrong's recommendation for the bee plus for me was probably my favorite.
And momtoax3 and swissair for the vista recommendation.
I don't remember who recommended the SK buggy buddy, but big fan.

ETA - I love the pookie poncho, which came from the idea of scriptkitten's duo blanket (pookie poncho is the single version)...

mackmama
06-27-2011, 08:51 PM
I actually like these hooks (thanks lhafer!)
http://www.amazon.com/Hook-Stroll-Stroller-Accessory-Black/dp/B00158DS0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309221610&sr=8-1
They are plastic rather than metal (I worry about metal since my kid has a tendency to run into things), and they swivel which is nice.

These are my favorite hooks too - which I heard about here!
BBB and you ladies rock!

bearwithme
06-27-2011, 08:59 PM
All of you who recommended the Bob. I love mine! I even converted my husband to being a Bob-lover even though he didn't want it.

mom3boys
06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Well, I was already sort of lusting after it, but I never would have found a new Vista for the price I did if it wasn't for this site. AND I never would have known that I wanted a 2010 or later (because of the 4 position seat).

Also, I'm pretty much convinced now that I need to get a BOB at some point, after all the RAVES about it here! (I already have a plan for about a year from now to sell my Vista and get a combination of BOB Revolution Single (used of course!) and either Uppa Baby Cruz or Bee+ . . we'll see)

blue
06-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I have to thank OP for her rave reviews of Swifty.

:yeahthat: :D

ETA: and the skip hop saddle bags from the BBB-- end of the zipper broke on one of mine, but it still works and I love it.

Nechums
06-27-2011, 10:57 PM
definitely bob. took him to the beach the other day and the sand push was fabulous.

also my stroll air my duo. Not sure if anyone convinced me or if I just heard about it from here and then did my own research but its awesome.i had planned on providing a detailed review of it.Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Candyshop1999
06-27-2011, 11:05 PM
To NOT buy a BJCS.....if only I listened!

Multimama
06-28-2011, 08:59 AM
I have to thank the person who posted about the Starck on sale for $49.99 (asking if it was a good deal). I jumped on it, wrote a review, and look at all the Starck love that was born. :)

I fell in love with the Superlite from a Strollerqueen review, which I guess isn't technically this board even though she's a poster, but it was Purpelina on this board who shared my enthusiasm and Poohbear who luckily was there to talk me into pulling the trigger when a real deal came up. :)

spannaz
06-28-2011, 10:12 AM
definitely bob. took him to the beach the other day and the sand push was fabulous.

also my stroll air my duo. Not sure if anyone convinced me or if I just heard about it from here and then did my own research but its awesome.i had planned on providing a detailed review of it.Hopefully I'll get around to it soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I would LOVE to hear a review of your stroll air my duo. I've always been intrigued by this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kaylee31
06-28-2011, 11:27 AM
I fell in love with the Superlite from a Strollerqueen review, which I guess isn't technically this board even though she's a poster, but it was Purpelina on this board who shared my enthusiasm and Poohbear who luckily was there to talk me into pulling the trigger when a real deal came up. :)

Yes, that Superlite deal was the best money I ever spent. I :heartbeat: my Superlite!

I would LOVE to hear a review of your stroll air my duo. I've always been intrigued by this one!

Me too. I think it looks like a much better stroller than the comparable Donkey.

AnnieW625
06-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Stroller Queen's review of the Vista on her site inspired me to get a Vista in early 2009.

I have always had a fascination with strollers since before I kids. I knew I'd get a Maclaren, and knew I wanted a Bob, but instead of getting a single I got a double. I was too practical to spend $800 on a Bugaboo when pregnant with DD1, but had been drooling over that stroller since the first time I saw it in a mall in Sacramento of all places in 2001 or 2002.