PDA

View Full Version : Volo or Starck?

adj0913
06-27-2011, 05:43 PM
I've been debating between getting a Volo or a Starck. I've changed my whole stroller lineup. I kept my Frog and sold Al, BJCM, Topaz, and Triumph. I've replaced those with a Bee and BJCE for light jogging. I am really happy with this combo and more relieved that I'm finally down to three. I'm feeling like I need a cheap lightweight to give to family when they babysit my son. My Frog and Bee have come back with far too many scratches on the frame and random stains :nono: I'm not a huge Maclaren fan but after testing other umbrellas they seem to be the best choice. Which one is better, the Volo or Starck? My pet peeve is wheels that touch canopies. Will this be a problem on these models?

hellokitty
06-27-2011, 06:02 PM
The starck's wheels don't touch the canopy as much as the other macs. I don't know how old your child is, but the starck has more room to grow. My 6 and 7 yr old can fit in it just fine and the wheels are much more substantial than that volo's, which I think are dinky. It's a simple, yet posh stroller, obviously high end when you see it. It IS longer/taller than regular macs and it weighs more than the volo too, however if it's something kept in a car trunk or garage most of the time (ie: if you're using it a lot for airplane travel or trams the volo may be easier d/t weight), it's not a big deal. The starck also has a shelf instead of a basket, which IMO is genius compared to the joke of a basket that are on other macs. You just stick your diaper bag on it, no struggling trying to shove it into the basket or hanging it off your handles.

legaleagle
06-27-2011, 06:19 PM
The one issue with the starck is the buckle (at least on mine) is really stiff and hard to do and the harness straps are really stiff and fold over strangely. If this is for your family, they may not be able to do it easily. I do love the starck though! You should look for the starck v. volo thread with a detailed comparison.

adj0913
06-30-2011, 12:31 AM
I was in NYC yesterday and ordered a Starck to Albee to check out, but got caught up and lost track of time. The store was closed by the time I got there I'm more apt to purchase the Starck because well, I love unconventional things and love all the extras for the price. I just am so unsure about buying something sight unseen. Does anyone have pics with the canopy attached?

strollerqueen
06-30-2011, 03:50 AM
I was in NYC yesterday and ordered a Starck to Albee to check out, but got caught up and lost track of time. The store was closed by the time I got there I'm more apt to purchase the Starck because well, I love unconventional things and love all the extras for the price. I just am so unsure about buying something sight unseen. Does anyone have pics with the canopy attached?
Yeah, I think there are a lot posted on StrollerSwap. The canopy is pretty big.

jugglinglemons
07-01-2011, 07:37 PM
I just got mine and the canopy is big for the size of the stroller - kind of skinny and long if that makes sense - I'm really happy with it since that was on my list of requirements.

There is an old thread that had a link to some good pics that helped me to decide to get it. Will see if I can find it.

jugglinglemons
07-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Here are some pics, but I just realized it doesn't show the canopy open.

http://strollersandprams.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5665

The reasons I chose the Starck over the Volo --

larger wheel size - Starck has really nice size wheels for a small/light stroller
canopy with more coverage
shelf instead of basket
really tall seat back - i have giant children
high weight limit
cheaper + extras like bag and rain cover
i love the way it looks

Now that it's here, I'm really glad I went with it. In a perfect world I would have a stroller that weighs even less than this, but it's really nice to have something that's not tippy - my toddler started standing and climbing in it while it was sitting in the living room and it didn't fall over. I'm sure a lighter stroller would've flipped immediately. It's still light enough though to be comfortable for me to fold and carry some, even with a bad back. My cybex callisto was just a little too heavy for me to do this comfortably, as much as I love it.

jugglinglemons
07-01-2011, 07:49 PM
oh, here is the old thread comparing volo and starck - also really helpful -- i thought i wanted a volo until i read this

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=390033&highlight=stark