PDA

View Full Version : I want a swimsuit, with board shorts, that's not $$$$

Katigre
06-28-2011, 02:47 PM
My current swimsuit is years old and doesn't fit me well. I'd like a new one, and am having trouble finding what I'd like (Lands End was a big strike out).

1. Boy short bottoms. I hate regular bikini bottoms and have a short torso, so higher waist ones just look weird. I don't see many boy shorts out there right now - are they out of style? My next preference would be a skirted bottom.

2. Tankini top or halter top - I don't want my stomach exposed

3. Some sort of pattern on at least one part that is 'autumn-y' colors. Not polka dots.

Is there anything out there? I'm a size S fwiw (I know at the end of the season it's hard to find the right sizes).

HonoluluMom
06-28-2011, 03:19 PM
When I went to Old Navy, they had a bunch of tankinis. They also had women's board shorts. You can always mix and match. Not sure if they had any autumn-y colored patterns.

I also saw a bunch of women's board shorts at Costco (I'm in Hawaii).

citymama
06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
If you can wait a little, the Athleta suits will go on sale in a few weeks and they are FABULOUS especially the boy shorts. Even on sale, a set will be about $50 (but free ship!). But they are SO worth it.

DrSally
06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I would check out LE canvas. I have my eye on some boy shorts/tankini combo.

crl
06-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Have you checked LE and LE Canvas? Be sure to check their sale/overstock pages too. It can be a bit tough to out together matching pieces this late in the season sometimes, but I think their suits are a good value.

Catherine

hellokitty
06-29-2011, 09:04 AM
I ordered a bunch of swim shorts/board shorts from kohl's and should be getting them soon. I'm so sick of the swim skirts and how they float around under water, but I feel like I look awful in regular swim bottoms. I have a variety of tankini tops, so ordered both brown and black shorts, that will pretty much match any of my tankini tops. My problem now is that most of the stores (Kohls, macy's, etc.) are so picked over, they don't have the sizes that I am looking for. So, your best bet may be to order a bunch of stuff from kohls and then return it to the B&M for the items that don't fit or you don't like. That is what I am doing, b/c my B&M kohls was completely picked over. Although being a size S, you probably won't have as much trouble as me (btwn M and L) finding stuff, b/c there always seems to be a lot of size S.