PDA

View Full Version : Need a solution for infant stroller

darb777
06-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I am a soon-to-be first time parent with a peg perego car seat, looking for a stroller to use with an infant.
At some point my husband and I definitely want a jogger, which will likely be our workhorse stroller. I like how you can buy a brand-specific adapter for the 2011 Bob's that will snap into place. So a 2011 bob with the peg adapter is a possibility.
However, I know that the Bob is too big and bulky for keeping in the trunk for errands around town. I don't know what to buy for this purpose. I have looked at some of the peg options where the carseat would snap in (like the vela). Have also thought about doing something like a snap n go or maclaren easy traveller (but this will serve no purpose after we quit using the infant carrier).
My husband loves the baby jogger city mini, but it just seems so similar to a jogging stroller to me. I may be wrong. I also don't know how the infant adapters work with it and whether this would be a good stroller for shopping, doctor's appts, etc.
Thanks! Any other stroller ideas I haven't thought of are more than welcome!

MacMacMoo
06-29-2011, 12:37 PM
I'd nominate a pre 2010 peg perego p3 off CL. But that's just me. pre 210 because I'm a big fan of the freedom of motion harness. It has one of the flattest reclines and one of the most up right sitting positions. The fold and the basket takes some getting use to. It's great for the doctor's office. It's sits a tad higher than your typical umbrella stroller.

Kaylee31
06-29-2011, 01:09 PM
I love the BJCM and you can get an adapter to fit the Peg carseat for it. I've always had an all-terrain stroller in addition to the BJCM, so I don't think they are too similar. The BJCM is 24" wide though, so it's not as great as an umbrella stroller for maneuvering in tight spaces. But as a trade-off, it's not remotely tippy, even when weighed down with bags.
I would also suggest looking at the First Years Indigo or Peg Perego Si. They both can be found for under $150. The Indigo seat can be reversed, which is a great feature for a newborn. It also comes w/a carseat adapter and can be used as a snap-n-go. (Although I am not a fan of leaving a baby in the carseat too often, it is convenient for quick, in & out errands). It reclines totally flat, and has a huge basket for shopping. The drawback of the Indigo is that it cannot be folded with the seat parent facing-- which is the case with most reversible strollers. Some people have also had quality issues with the wheels, but I never had a problem with mine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Voh7aVIGK8
I never had a Si, but it seems like a good option. It comes with the Peg carseat adapter. It has a lot of features and a deep recline for an umbrella stroller and isn't tippy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN4EeypP0gU