PDA

View Full Version : Need a doll rec. for 5 year-old

corrie23
06-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Last year for Chanukah I gave my girls Corolle dolls. I think I gave a Les Cherie to my older and a Bebe Cherie to my younger, but I may be wrong about that since I'd bought them years ago and tucked them away in the basement so they may have been from older lines or something. Anyway, a couple months later my older daughter was turning 8 and begged for an American Girl doll so that was a special gift that she got from the extended family. Now she has 2 "girl" dolls with hair to brush and clothes to change and my poor neglected younger DD only has a baby doll with no hair and her life is terrible. I will probably try to get her an AG doll for Chanukah this year but in the meantime she just had her 5th birthday and when Grandma asked what she wanted, this came up. I don't want it to be a major investment because she may not be terribly gentle with it and/or it may be cast aside when her AG doll shows up at some point in the future. I want it to be made of safe materials as a top priority as baby brother is obsessed with licking all of the plastic doll faces and hands (why is that?) So can anyone recommend a good AG/Corolle type doll "WITH HAIR MOMMY!!!" that is made from safe materials and not too expensive/can be purchased at a bargain price somewhere?

Thanks!

alirebco
06-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Check out the my generation dolls from Target. Very similar to AG dolls!

elephantmeg
06-30-2011, 09:10 AM
how about a bitty twin? They have hair

egoldber
06-30-2011, 09:12 AM
:yeahthat:

My 4.75 year old is asking for a Bitty Twin for her birthday. She also wants a Lalaloopsy.