PDA

View Full Version : Need a double jogger...recs?

Jillie
06-30-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm in the market for a double jogging stroller for running. I run 3-4 times a week, so I need a true jogger (fixed wheel with a hand brake). I have a single BOB Sport Utility Dlux which I love. The push is awesome, and my son seems very comfortable in it. I'm looking at getting the BOB Sport Utility Duallie but I'm not so crazy about the mesa orange color (has anyone seen this color in person? Is it as neon as it looks? I would much prefer a pretty blue like my single). My only other BOB option is the Ironman. It looks like the main difference between the two is that the Ironman has thinner tires and is 2 lbs. lighter. Would one be a better option than the other? Has anyone used either of these strollers?

Are there any other fixed wheel running strollers than I'm overlooking?

Jillie
07-05-2011, 12:18 PM
Bump...anyone?

mom3boys
07-05-2011, 01:01 PM
Well, I'll admit to knowing almost nothing about fixed wheel jogging strollers, but are you opposed to the Bike Carriers that convert to a jogging stroller? I am thinking specifically of Chariot Carriers--you buy a kit to add to the carrier with a fixed wheel for jogging, there are also other options (they even have one where you can can adapt it for cross-country skiing!)--several models and colors, most models available as single or double.

http://www.chariotcarriers.com/

Otherwise it seems like you are right in that BOB may be the only way to go. InStep and Schwinn make double-fixed wheel jogging strollers but they seem very inexpensive which makes me wonder about the quality.

ashleybama24
07-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Fixed wheel:

Baby Jogger F.I.T
Baby Jogger 25th Anniversary Jogger

BOB Ironman
BOB Sport Utility (it comes in blue as well)

Tike Tech All Terrain X3

Schwinn Arrow
Schwinn Free Runner

InStep Flash

Kool Stop

RunnerDuck
07-05-2011, 04:00 PM
You should be able to find one used fairly easily in which case you could pick red or blue. I had a blue one for a while. I am not a big fan of the new bob color scheme except for the purple but will say imo the orange does look less awful irl than I expected. But still not a fan. I'm not entirely wowed with the changes they have made.

Jillie
07-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Wow, those Chariot trailers look very cool! Steep price tag (especially once you factor in the kits you'd need), but I really like the look of them. And I like how the sun shade/weather shield is built in. Thanks! I'm going to look into them more. It also looks like Baby Jogger has something similar called a POD, but I can't find much about them.

Unfortunately finding a used BOB around here is next to impossible. I check CL often but it's filled with Gracos with the occasional InStep or Schwinn. Most people in this area don't invest in quality strollers.

And thanks for the fixed wheel list, though some of those aren't available in a double. I'm checking them out, though. Thanks!

ashleybama24
07-06-2011, 03:38 AM
Sorry I didn't see you needed a double until after I posted.

Baby Jogger is debuting the POD soon (late summer/early fall). Their older model bike trailer/jogger is the Hybrid Switchback and comes able to be a trailer or jogger so no extra kit needed. We got ours on dealomite recently for less than $200 and DH and DS love it.

abh5e8
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
dh and run a lot...we have had a bob d'lux single, an old style baby jogger double and a baby jogger Q series triple. hands down, my favorite is the old style baby jogger double. it totally a JUST for running stroller...does't fold, no frills, but light weight and very easy to push. go for 16 inch tires, a fixed frame and good hand brakes.

Jillie
07-07-2011, 11:12 PM
I ended up purchasing the BOB Ironman. It's backordered until the end of July, but I'll try and remember to update this thread once it's here and I've had a chance to test it out. Thanks again!

sweetsue98
07-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Sorry I didn't see you needed a double until after I posted.

Baby Jogger is debuting the POD soon (late summer/early fall). Their older model bike trailer/jogger is the Hybrid Switchback and comes able to be a trailer or jogger so no extra kit needed. We got ours on dealomite recently for less than $200 and DH and DS love it.

How recent? What do you like about it? Reason I'm asking is bc. I'm looking for a bike trailer as well and found the burley bee so now I'm looking for a sale. The switchback looked nice too so if it was less than 200 then I would be really interested. Thanks!

Kaylee31
07-07-2011, 11:48 PM
I ended up purchasing the BOB Ironman. It's backordered until the end of July, but I'll try and remember to update this thread once it's here and I've had a chance to test it out. Thanks again!

Peppy Parents has an open box Ironman Duallie at a discount.
http://www.peppyparents.com/servlet/the-849/BOB-Ironman-Duallie-jogging/Detail

Jillie
07-10-2011, 12:20 AM
That's an awesome deal! Thanks for the tip.

The new one I purchased ended up only being $10 more than that price.

poohbear
07-10-2011, 01:45 PM
How recent? What do you like about it? Reason I'm asking is bc. I'm looking for a bike trailer as well and found the burley bee so now I'm looking for a sale. The switchback looked nice too so if it was less than 200 then I would be really interested. Thanks!

Can't answer your other questions, but I can tell you it was a few months ago that it was $200 - it's not on sale for that cheap anymore. It's about $450 I believe.