PDA

View Full Version : Comfy Post Partum Clothes for Post C-Section?

bisous
07-01-2011, 02:10 AM
This will be my 3rd section, you'd think I should be an expert!

I'm just trying to remember if there are any great options for post partum clothing?

I'd like something pretty to wear at the hospital (hate the gown!)--am I limited to nightgowns? Obviously I'll need something that doesn't constrict around the waist but would love something "breastfeeding friendly".

I'd love to hear your suggestions!

TIA!

Jen

citymama
07-01-2011, 02:19 AM
My best friend was my beautiful Japanese yukata (robe) that I lived in the first few days after both my c-section and VBAC. You need something that opens down the middle for easy nursing. I don't think I did any pants at the hospital - just robe or long night dress!

ETA: yukata picture here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yukata but I wore it without the Obi (sash) for obvious reasons! Mine came with a regular belt which I used instead. If you have a Japanese store/market where you live, you can find them there. My MIL bought mine from Japan!

bisous
07-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Ooh, that sounds beautiful! Good idea!

7pages
07-01-2011, 08:08 AM
I just wore a nursing nightgown and robe in the hospital, and maternity pants when I got home. I did really enjoy tummy control briefs when I got home. The support made me feel better! Good luck to you!!

ThreeofUs
07-01-2011, 08:29 AM
I wore my mamajamas - higher cut on the bottoms, and bought 2 sizes up - and some very loose, light knit pants bought at Target. They were perfect!

DebbieJ
07-01-2011, 01:20 PM
My OB recommended wearing bike shorts when I got home to keep everything supported. She said those were better than any support band or control top panties. She was right.

lizzywednesday
07-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I wore fold-top yoga pants and t-shirts, but I was also EP-ing, not nursing.

Good luck!