PDA

View Full Version : Bob Stroller Revolution--New Models? And looking for sales

abmommy2010
07-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Last year, I purchased a Bob Revolution stroller and was lucky enough to find a 20% off sale and price matched through Diapers.com. This year my brother, is expecting his first and my mom wants to buy a Bob Stroller for his new baby.

I'm trying to find a deal for her and can't find any current sales on Bob strollers.

Also, I'm a bit confused about the New Revolution SE. I've been reading reviews on Amazon and they are mixed. The older one is still available on Amazon for a good price. Anyone have the new one?

Thanks for your help.

AnnieW625
07-01-2011, 12:19 PM
I would honestly buy the 2010 because I like the sporty looks of it better. There is just something off about the new one; I think it's the footwell. If she wants to resell in the future then it's probably best to go with the new models. LL Bean will put their Bobs on 20% off sometime around Jan-March, and if you are a member at REI you can get one for 20% off during their 20% off sales in November (I think), and March. You can also get 15% off Bob at the REI anniversary sale (that's when we bought ours) in May.

abmommy2010
07-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks so much for the sale info. I am so bummed that I missed the sale cycle at LL Bean and REI for this year. I agree with you about the looks of the new Bob. I love my older model.

Thanks again for your help.

RunnerDuck
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
The pghyinzer review is mine. I have the new. I am still mixed about it. I don't like the footwell. I do like the basket and wider wheel base. I am going to ghetto rig the back to have a better recline. I really think it comes down to which you like the looks of better. While there are some things I don't like about it, it is really nice to be able to get stuff in and out of the basket easier...

poohbear
07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
LL Bean runs 20% off codes every few months.
I prefer the older model personally, but they will be harder and harder to find new. Resale will be great on either. I rarely see an older BOB on my CL for less than $275-300.

saboater
07-01-2011, 02:50 PM
I got the duallie 2011 and compared to my 2009-2010(old style straps), I'm not sure about it. I got the Strides, mainly for the red color, but the new strides it a darker red, instead of bright and vibrant.

The canopy feels flimsier, and is a pain to move, compared to the old one.

I've also noticed a few other things, like the levers to collapse the handlebars are now plastic instead of metal.
Not sure how many of these are duallie vs single, but I imagine its similar changes in the single.

The look overall seems darker, rather than bright and vibrant, like I said earlier.

I do like the snap to keep it closed, and I like the new harness system better, that other harness was difficult to mess with.

jacksmoma
07-01-2011, 05:05 PM
i've had both (and now have the 2011 se) and much much prefer the newer ones :) much more sleek and great fabric, now the older models looks blah to me! i'm telling you as a die-hard bob fan that the new one is much nicer, go for it!

RunnerDuck
07-01-2011, 07:00 PM
Ha ha it's like fighting over who is better, mom or dad...

jacksmoma
07-01-2011, 08:59 PM
and we all know it mom!! (lol jk!)...

saboater
07-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Does the 2011 single have the plastic canopy arms, I just pulled out my single, and realized that's part of the difference? The Duallie has plastic arms, and is "notched" so it only goes in certain positions. My older single has the metal arms, and moves the canopy smoothly, and will stay in place in any position.

RunnerDuck
07-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Yes the canopy is kind of ratchet-y. I don't really see this as a good or bad thing. Like most of the changes this one doesn't really matter from the user's end.

lvhkitty
07-05-2011, 05:02 PM
I'm finally ready to get my suburban stroller the BOB Revolution SE.

I can't find any 20% offers.

I guess I will just keep checking Amazon and other websites daily.

Any luck with any sales?

infocrazy
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
I've also noticed a few other things, like the levers to collapse the handlebars are now plastic instead of metal.

I have a 2010 Rev and was in BRU the other day. I checked out the 2011 and noticed this as well. I thought a few other things seemed like they were plastic instead of metal, but I can't think of them right now--and honestly maybe some of the things were just more obvious that they were plastic than mine. I LOVE my Rev, but I got it new for $260 back in April (thanks to poohbear), so it's pretty hard for me to like the 2011 at almost $200 more! I know I got a great price on mine though!

My vote would be for the one with the best price.

RunnerDuck
07-05-2011, 05:32 PM
The plastic levers on the new stroller are VERY sturdy and durable feeling so I wouldn't worry about them from a breaking angle. Not all plastic is bad.

I just got a 2007 Bob today and so now will be able to compare the two for real and not just in my living room and in my head. My lengthy review on Amazon basically says pick price or looks, as improvements aren't that big a deal. Time will tell if I stick by that. Really my biggest grip is the footwell.

But - I have to say the ease of switching out add ons is nice. Most people might not notice it, but I have 3yos I take out for walks some times, and I have a teeny one (3m) who can just lay in the bob in a snuggler and he is OK but I wonder if he would be happier in the car seat - well the adapter on the old style is annoying as hell. I like the absence of tray for ease of in and out and doubt I will buy one for the new but wish I could pop the adapter on and off the old easily. I will walk with him in the bucket a few times and see if he seems to care one way or the other. And try to get a straight answer out of my girls which seat is more comfy (the new seems bumpy and hard to me) and which foot well is better...

My husband thinks I am nuts. I am...

saboater
07-06-2011, 10:39 AM
I agree about the car seat adapter, its very nice to remove it easily. We haven't put a tray on our 2010, but still have the bar sitting there, because its a pain to remove.

The canopy does bother me, because I seem to only get one side flipped at a time, so it gets all crooked. The old style because it was infinitely adjutable didn't get "off track".

All these are nitpicks, though, because the key thing is the same:

Even switching from single to duallie, this thing pushes smooth as silk.

RunnerDuck
07-06-2011, 10:53 AM
I just tried and tried and tried and tried and I can't get one side to ratchet but not the other on the canopy. I wonder if you got a bad one? I would call bob and complain. Seriously as much as I like to pick apart old vs new that is one issue I am not seeing!

Yes at their core they are the same. My dualie pushes awesome, the singles are smaller and actually feel almost ... too light. TOO easy to move around. LOL

The old style adapter is seriously cumbersome... I wonder if Bob has any moms on their design team?